Author Topic: Snoring cures that work  (Read 1079 times)

grislyatoms

• friends
Snoring cures that work
« on: April 30, 2005, 08:12:34 AM »
Anyone have a snoring cure that really works?

This isn't sleep apnea, it's very light snoring when I reach "deep sleep".

I have spoken to my sawbones and he wants me to be seen by an Otolaryngologist (or some damn thing like that) and has told me that surgery is the only really effective treatment. I don't want surgery, at least not yet.

I know there are a gazillion anti snore gadgets out there, anyone have first hand experience with ones that work?
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

XLMiguel

Snoring cures that work
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 04:48:44 PM »
An Otolaryngologist is otherwise known as an Ear, Nose and Throat guy, and he can tell you if you have a deviated septum or something else that might be contributing to your snoring. It could be something as simple as loosing some weight, and there are some gargles that you use at bedtime that may be helpful (some work, some don't).  If it's seasonal, it could be alergies/congestion.  There's also a procedure that uses radio waves (no cutting) to reduce the size of the uvula that has been proven to help some folks.

You said you didn't have sleep apnia (I have it bad), do you know this for sure?  There are several manifestations, from mild to wild, but you need a sleep study to know for sure. HTH, good luck.