Author Topic: "48 hours mystery" "The story of Christmas" a 48 hours production  (Read 5801 times)

Stand_watie

• friend
A pre-preface to  Christians who think exactly as I do on matters of religious philosophy, those of other faiths, those of un-faith, those of anti-christian faith or those of christian anti-literalist christian beliefs...IF your opinions on the subject require you to state things obcenely, vulgarly, profanely or unkindly to people who believe differently than you, please give this thread a pass. I don't mean this to ask posters of differing philosophical opinion than I not to post (As examples, people saying "I don't believe Jesus Christ ever actually existed..." or "I believe Joshua Ben Joseph was a false prophet" aren't asked not to participate, but rather "Jesus [insert vulgar expletives here] Christ never existed you retard, religionist freaks !" types of people are asked not to participate.

Let me preface this by saying that this television program is not pro-literal New Testament Scriptural account of the version of the birth of Christ laid out in the gospels. That said, I think it's well worth seeing.

Grounded literalist Christians won't have their faith shaken, despite challenges to their beliefs. Un-literalist Christians will probably be the most receptive to this program, but reasonable people of all faiths or non-faith who are interested in religious history may likely also like it.

Two great quotes that I liked from the very introduction to the  program...

"Christianity stands or falls on a certain amount of irreducable events"..

"If you can't get excited about this, you're a Christian without a pulse..."

Both of these quotes from the first couple moments of the program.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

Re: "48 hours mystery" "The story of Christmas" a 48 hours production
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 10:18:00 AM »
I missed it.  undecided

FWIW, you can read the entire transcript here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/19/48hours/main1135330.shtml

Desertdog

• friends
Re: "48 hours mystery" "The story of Christmas" a 48 hours production
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 03:11:20 PM »
Next Friday, 12/22, ABC has a two hour Nativity Special that sounds interesting to me.