Author Topic: Pelosi Minority Leader Again  (Read 6253 times)

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: Pelosi Minority Leader Again
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2016, 08:33:04 PM »
the way that blue cities hold sway over red areas in their states
I don't need a map to tell me that.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of silly maps out there.

They matter just as much as the county level map.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2016, 08:49:18 PM »
I find all those maps interesting and significant. I suppose we may agree to disagree.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2016, 08:05:29 AM »
It will be hard for the cities to conquer the heartland when they don't hold the land.

Trump getting elected may have actually diffused or put off the potential of, if not a civil war, serious civil unrest.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2016, 08:15:56 AM »
It will be hard for the cities to conquer the heartland when they don't hold the land.

Trump getting elected may have actually diffused or put off the potential of, if not a civil war, serious civil unrest.

Cities are easy enough. It just wouldn't all that hard to cut off the supply line.  If a moderately dedicated and organized group wanted to shut down a city, just bottleneck all the major roads in and out. A couple of weeks with no incoming food stuffs and they're toast.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2016, 09:52:31 AM »
I'm really beginning to believe they have self-brainwashed themselves. They will absolutely not admit, even a little bit, that they did anything wrong in their campaign or that they dissed a large voting block. They actually believe that they ran a perfect campaign, which is why Pelosi is back.

They are laying blame everywhere except within their own closed minds:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/02/clinton-campaign-team-says-trump-gave-platform-to-white-supremacists-blames-fbis-comey-and-wikileaks-for-her-defeat.html

Honestly, if the vote were today, I think Trump would win by even larger numbers, because these people are quadrupling down on the "deplorables".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2016, 09:55:30 AM »
Cities are easy enough. It just wouldn't all that hard to cut off the supply line.  If a moderately dedicated and organized group wanted to shut down a city, just bottleneck all the major roads in and out. A couple of weeks with no incoming food stuffs and they're toast.

Heck, just hit the barely hanging on power grid at a distribution node. You risk way fewer people for a shorter time period, and a couple of weeks with no power in a big city is chaos. In rural areas, it's just an inconvenience.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2016, 02:59:19 PM »
That would probably require actually breaking *expletive deleted*it. Squeezing off the food supply wouldn't even need to be particularly violent.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2016, 03:31:21 PM »
Maybe not from the outside, at least at first. I see the entire city turning on itself. two or three weeks the subjected & the viscous are all that's left. Then we will need to apply real violence and maybe even heavy bombers to keep the inhabitants where they are. Escape from NY times zombie apocalypse  scenario.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2016, 04:10:47 PM »
Hell, 2 or 3 weeks without water pumped in and most cities would not be a pleasant place to be even if you had food and drinking water.  Houston is fed via pumps from reservoirs.  I would hate to be downstream of river side cities after something like that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2016, 04:27:51 PM »
That would probably require actually breaking *expletive deleted*it. Squeezing off the food supply wouldn't even need to be particularly violent.

Errr... except for the whole besieging the city to keep the people in?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2016, 05:12:31 PM »
two or three weeks the subjected & the viscous are all that's left.

Well crap, they just might ooze past the roadblocks.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2016, 05:26:16 PM »
This [the thread veer] does not sound to me like a good topic for a public forum.   [tinfoil]
"It's good, though..."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2016, 06:23:12 PM »
I'm really beginning to believe they have self-brainwashed themselves. They will absolutely not admit, even a little bit, that they did anything wrong in their campaign or that they dissed a large voting block. They actually believe that they ran a perfect campaign, which is why Pelosi is back.

They are laying blame everywhere except within their own closed minds:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/02/clinton-campaign-team-says-trump-gave-platform-to-white-supremacists-blames-fbis-comey-and-wikileaks-for-her-defeat.html

Honestly, if the vote were today, I think Trump would win by even larger numbers, because these people are quadrupling down on the "deplorables".

Sooooo, it's Comey's fault Clinton used her own home-brew server for .gov business.  It's Wikileaks fault that the DNC rigged the primary for Clinton amongst many other shenanigans, and then put absolutely no security on their e-mail systems.

And they learned nothing from the Nazi's.   Never, ever, ever, document your crimes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGo5bxWy21g
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2016, 06:27:33 PM »
I'm really beginning to believe they have self-brainwashed themselves. They will absolutely not admit, even a little bit, that they did anything wrong in their campaign or that they dissed a large voting block.

We are people who deserve to be dissed. Fighting the patriarchy is the highest form of patriotism. Or something.

I'm also curious how many Democrats have really bought into the "most qualified carbon-based life form EVAR!!" talk. You'd think they'd be ready to take comfort in the thought that it was just a Clinton problem, and they could win with a less poisonous candidate.

Perd Hapley

• friend

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2016, 10:30:04 PM »
The problems with wrecking the cities is you affect people on your side, plus the cities are where we get most of or medicines and spare parts. And most of the nation's transport infrastructure uses servers located in cities for a wide variety and important set of tasks.

In two weeks this country would go from a somewhat economically wobbly superpower to a third-world hellhole and it may never recover from that.

By hurting the cities, you are hurting yourself. 
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2016, 05:12:49 PM »
Getting back to Nancy Pelosi -- as if we needed more proof that she's delusional:

https://news.grabien.com/story-pelosi-i-dont-think-people-want-new-direction

PELOSI: “Well, I don’t think people want a new direction. Our values unify us and our values are about supporting America’s working families. That’s one that everyone is in agreement on. What we want is a better connection of our message to working families in our country, and that clearly in the election showed that that message wasn’t coming through. But we are united in terms of the security of our country, which is our first responsibility. To be smart and strong and not reckless in how we protect the American people, strong in how we protect our economy.”

Strange. Enough people seemed to want a new direction that they rejected your candidate and voted instead for a person whom many voters didn't especially like or trust even while voting for him against your party's candidate.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2016, 08:28:13 PM »

Agreed.  I've heard of some who were squishy-washy about Trump who "came out" after the election. :)

I've even heard of a few who were hotly antipathetic toward him who aren't looking at him with eyes quite as jaundiced.

No doubt doubts remain, but they're legitimate... as with any President-Elect.

I'm wondering how he's preparing for the inevitable "test" by foreign powers, but of course that would not be public knowledge.

Terry

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2016, 01:21:49 AM »
I'm wondering how he's preparing for the inevitable "test" by foreign powers, but of course that would not be public knowledge.

If this weekend's events are anything to go by, he'll probably tweet them into submission.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2016, 05:18:32 AM »
PELOSI: “Well, I don’t think people want a new direction. Our values unify us and our values are about supporting America’s working families. That’s one that everyone is in agreement on. What we want is a better connection of our message to working families in our country, and that clearly in the election showed that that message wasn’t coming through. But we are united in terms of the security of our country, which is our first responsibility. To be smart and strong and not reckless in how we protect the American people, strong in how we protect our economy.”

Good G-d are they tone deaf.  "It's not that we got it wrong, it just that those stupid, racist, xenophobic, misogynistic, white supremacists out there in flyover land need to be re-educated so that they understand that Big Brother loves them."
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2016, 07:37:39 AM »
PELOSI: But we are united in terms of the security of our country, which is our first responsibility. That's why it was so important to us that we elect that one chick, who basically put classified information in a trash bag, and left it on the sidewalk for Goodwill to pick up. #stillwithher

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2016, 10:43:33 AM »
PELOSI: “Well, I don’t think people want a new direction. Our values unify us and our values are about supporting America’s working families. That’s one that everyone is in agreement on. What we want is a better connection of our message to working families in our country, and that clearly in the election showed that that message wasn’t coming through. But we are united in terms of the security of our country, which is our first responsibility. To be smart and strong and not reckless in how we protect the American people, strong in how we protect our economy.

Ah, yes -- "It's the economy, stupid."

If the Dems are so united in being strong to protect the economy, I have to ask "What economy?" The economy that the Dems have been eviscerating by enacting more and more laws that increase the cost of actually making things in the U.S., thereby sending our work and out jobs to Mexico/Taiwan/China/Korea/Bengladesh/Malasia/____? THAT economy?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2016, 12:20:18 PM »
Ah, yes -- "It's the economy, stupid."

If the Dems are so united in being strong to protect the economy, I have to ask "What economy?" The economy that the Dems have been eviscerating by enacting more and more laws that increase the cost of actually making things in the U.S., thereby sending our work and out jobs to Mexico/Taiwan/China/Korea/Bengladesh/Malasia/____? THAT economy?

No, not that economy. She means the economy where every girl straight out of college earns as much as a man with 50 years experience, even if she goes on maternity leave every other year.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2016, 12:46:15 PM »
No, not that economy. She means the economy where every girl straight out of college earns as much as a man with 50 years experience, even if she goes on maternity leave every other year.

And let's not forget that she has a BA in Womyn's Studies and is marginally qualified to work the fry vat down at the Chokey Chicken, while he has some combination of BS/MSs in a STEM field and a half dozen patents to his name.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2016, 10:52:37 AM »
DittoHead:

Just because you do not see the significance of the data represented in those maps, does not mean the data is without significance and/or value.

Matter of fact, it was data similar to that represented in the maps you and fistful linked that the Trump campaign used to focus its election efforts (if the reports coming out of the campaign are true).  Such data allowed the Trump campaign to win despite spending much less money than Hillary and ¡JEB! before her. 

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton