Author Topic: Trump - President and TV Producer  (Read 795 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Trump - President and TV Producer
« on: December 10, 2016, 11:20:25 AM »
So this is the latest whine about Trump: His name remains as "Executive Producer" on The Apprentice given that he was one of the creators. He won't have any interaction with the show.

So if people are getting upset about this as a "conflict of interest" or "running a business while President", shouldn't that also apply to say, Obama as a book author? Shouldn't his name be removed from the book he wrote, and shouldn't he be getting zero profit from book sales? How is the one different from the other (sincere question - I don't know)?

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2016/12/10/fake-news-trump-addresses-involvement-in-the-apprentice-while-hes-president/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Trump - President and TV Producer
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 12:02:44 PM »
Is The Apprentice still on the air?  I thought it ended years ago.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 01:18:47 PM »
Should Ronald Reagan's name have been removed from the credits of any movie he ever played in?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 04:07:42 PM »
Is The Apprentice still on the air?  I thought it ended years ago.

I caught an advert for it the other night.  Arnold Schwarzenegger will be the new host (which has led to snarky remarks about him running for President).
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 05:19:32 PM »
Should Ronald Reagan's name have been removed from the credits of any movie he ever played in?
In that case, Democrats would absolutely insist he be properly credited with Bedtime for Bonzo.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain