Author Topic: How many things can you do wrong at once?  (Read 6819 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: How many things can you do wrong at once?
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2017, 02:42:21 AM »
My wife left a raw chicken in the car once. For a few days. In July. She works from home and just hadn't needed to go anywhere for a couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2017, 09:48:52 AM »
WifeN (not saying which one) left a dead gosling on the enclosed, hot, back porch once.

That smell is unforgettable.  Quite similar to the roll of ground turkey I left in the car.  So I attest.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2017, 10:01:51 AM »
Yeah, but you have to feed them.
Almost gets to be an application of the Tsiolkovsky rocket equation.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2017, 12:53:51 PM »
Her latest? She drinks a protein shake in the mornings that I make for her when I am making her morning coffee. I put it in a sports bottle and she usually drinks it on the way into work. Several weeks back, on a hot day, she didn't drink her "shake" and left it in the car, for a few days. It seems that almond "milk," protein powder and banana all blended together in a mixer, doesn't do well in the hot southern sun. The expanding gas popped the top open and it spilled on the carpeted floormat. I'm just glad it was in HER car! The mat was tossed out onto the deck to soak in the rain accompanied by much retching on her part.  [barf]

:old:  :rofl:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2017, 09:12:41 PM »
Almost gets to be an application of the Tsiolkovsky rocket equation.

Nah; it's closer to middle age that you start having to expel a significant portion of your mass as a part of getting going each morning.

Damn, that reminds me; I'm on the last roll of TP.  Time for a restock run.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2017, 09:45:57 PM »
I use plastic Mail totes to haul groceries...

Although mine are red, and say "AIRBORNE EXPRESS" on the side.

Hey! What were you doing at my place, taking pictures?

Yeah, no, we've got a gazillion of those totes around here that Dad "acquired" from work. The crazy thing is they are better than rubbermaid/sterilite styles for storage and hauling of many things, yet I have never seen a truly similar item for sale to general consumers.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 06:04:23 PM by French G. »
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2017, 06:00:27 PM »
Hey! What were you doing at my place, taking pictures?

Yeah, no, we've got a gazillion of those totes around here that Dad "acquired" from work. The crazy thing is they are better than rubbermaid/sterilite styles for storage and hauling of many things, yet I have never seen a truly similar item for sale to general consumers.

Well at my Post Office they had a stack of used PO bins like that out in the lobby for the taking.  Beats having to recycle them, I guess.  Immediate re-use is the best kind of recycling.  Your Dad probably didn't "liberate" them, they were probably up for grabs anyhow.  I have a couple of them myself.  Real handy even if well-used, real sturdy, especially good because of the handle cut-outs in the ends.

I suspect each PO station gets new ones every year just 'cause it's in the budget from the year before.

If you do a lot of mailings, the PO will provide them to you so you can sort and put the mail directly in their bins.  I always had three or four extras around when I had my store.

Terry