Author Topic: What's a good walking shoe that still looks dressy?  (Read 1003 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
What's a good walking shoe that still looks dressy?
« on: January 01, 2017, 01:32:44 PM »
Maybe I asked this before. I'm getting old.

I need to get a good pair of walking shoes, but I don't want something that looks like an athletic shoe or an earth shoe (look it up).

Any recommendations? I've looked at some of the Clark shoes, but they look weird.

dogmush

• friend
Re: What's a good walking shoe that still looks dressy?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 01:40:32 PM »
Rockport makes some comfy dressy shoes. It's probably been 15 years since I switched to work boots but I used to wear them pretty regular.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 01:47:42 PM »
Look for postal worker shoes.  Here's one of the first links that I found http://www.postaluniformdiscounters.com/postal-uniforms-footwear-new-balance_m-mnb.html
"It's good, though..."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 03:52:01 PM »
Look for postal worker shoes.  Here's one of the first links that I found http://www.postaluniformdiscounters.com/postal-uniforms-footwear-new-balance_m-mnb.html

That's a good idea. I'd go to a store that carries uniform type work shoes (around here, it would be SuperShoes) though, and try an assortment on.
It's one thing to wing it on shoes that you don't expect to wear much or be on your feet a lot, but shoes that you are planning on really walking about in, you should defiantly test before buying. There are certain things that are not convenient to buy online and shoes fall in that category.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 05:19:45 PM »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 06:17:19 PM »
Here you go, old timer.  ;)

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=52951.0

Yep. I knew I was having a senior moment. I searched for the thread, couldn't find it, and thought I'd start it again.   :facepalm:

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 08:27:00 AM »
for our trip to Japan and Europe in 2009, I bought a pair of Timberland leather shoes.  They were soled like a sneaker, but with leather uppers.   Turned out to be the most comfortable shoes I owned.  Still wearing them when I want comfort and decent looks.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 03:10:05 PM »
for our trip to Japan and Europe in 2009, I bought a pair of Timberland leather shoes.  They were soled like a sneaker, but with leather uppers.   Turned out to be the most comfortable shoes I owned.  Still wearing them when I want comfort and decent looks.

Must have been old stock they blew the dust off of, because Timberland quality went down the toilet before that.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 03:48:32 PM »
Must have been old stock they blew the dust off of, because Timberland quality went down the toilet before that.
First Rockport, and now Timberland . . . or maybe vice versa.

Sad how so many old standards are going down the tubes.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 05:42:11 PM »
Red Wing has warehouse shoes that run the gamut from utilitarian to wingtip. (Yes, I said wingtip. I have a pair decorating my hooves as I type this). Thick soled and made for heavy use.

Also, try Drew
shoes (drewshoe.com). They're normally seen in the orthopedist section but they make some darned nice shoes that wear well and won't break the bank.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB