Author Topic: People in Texas Buy Trucks for No Reason  (Read 6751 times)

Regolith

• friend
Re: People in Texas Buy Trucks for No Reason
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2017, 06:32:04 AM »
This thinking is what pisses me off.  Just because one person pays less in taxes, does not mean that someone else pays more.  I've got friends that keep insisting that because Trump (allegedly) paid no taxes for several years, that that 'uncollected' tax burden was born by the poor and middle class.  I always ask them to point out where, specifically, on the taxes forms is the line that says "Additional amount due because of other peoples "loopholes".

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

+eleventy billion. That's straight up prog logic right there.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2017, 01:49:36 PM »
Was that personal, or corporate tax?  Just saying "Trump" paid no taxes is meaningless without clarification.  Sounds like one of those half-truths you get from certain d-factions.

Five will get you eight his tax lawyers didn't pay any taxes, either. :D

The pdf of the tax code is about 18 MB.  Bet he didn't use a Form 1040EZ.

Terry

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2017, 06:52:48 PM »
This thinking is what pisses me off.  Just because one person pays less in taxes, does not mean that someone else pays more.  I've got friends that keep insisting that because Trump (allegedly) paid no taxes for several years, that that 'uncollected' tax burden was born by the poor and middle class.  I always ask them to point out where, specifically, on the taxes forms is the line that says "Additional amount due because of other peoples "loopholes".

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, yeah, actually it does in many cases as gov'ts do not practice zero based budgeting and have a tendency to raise fees to generate more revenue.  Just look at the phenomenon of "court fees" where a citizen can win his case and be found not guilty but still owe for "court fees."

Besides, the larger issue is not "not paying taxes so that others have to pay more."  It is a particular class of folk openly getting over and getting away with deceit.  That is corrosive for community trust and social capital.  Just like illegal aliens here'bouts who get a pass on truck maint, seatbelt, and infant car seat laws.  (Among many other laws.) 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2017, 10:55:06 AM »
They consider the Honda Ridgeline a truck? 

It seems so.  =|

The Honda Ridgeline pickup was named North American Truck of the Year.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/detroit/chevrolet-bolt-wins-north-american-car-of-the-year/ar-BBy4e0X

=(

bob

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2017, 11:33:17 AM »
Also out of the auto show, it appears the Bronco is to be resurrected and the Ranger returned to the U.S. market.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2017, 11:36:00 AM »
Also out of the auto show, it appears the Bronco is to be resurrected and the Ranger returned to the U.S. market.

Also a diesel F-150 is confirmed for 2018.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."