Author Topic: Shooting at FLL airport  (Read 5906 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Shooting at FLL airport
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2017, 02:21:49 PM »
Hopefully the mental health aspect of this will be examined but I don't think so, IMO focus will be flying with firearms in checked luggage.

I think we can count on that. As well as extending the "sterile" areas of terminals to everything inside the doors, rather than just the portions on the concourse side of the security screening portals.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2017, 05:01:34 PM »
Probably BS but it'd be interesting to see the left's reaction if it pans out to be true.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/01/update-ft-lauderdale-shooter-esteban-santiago-joined-myspace-name-aashiq-hammad/
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2017, 09:00:24 AM »
Human seems to be a proper descriptive, if there is any reason whatsoever to have a descriptive, for sentient bipeds.  How easy we roll over for the overlords in a country where E Pluribus Unum is the supposed to be the reality.  Whenever I have to fill out a form and it asks stupid questions, I give stupid answers.  I Am Other!
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2017, 05:48:43 PM »
And, in other news, the FBI is in full "Nothing to see here, move along" mode.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/01/09/airport-shooting-suspect-to-make-his-first-court-appearance/

“He was a walk-in complaint. This is something that happens at FBI offices around the country every day,” FBI agent Marlin Ritzman said.

Do they really expect us to believe that every day somewhere in the United States an "agitated" young man, who has recently been kicked out of the National Guard, walks into an FBI office claiming that a U.S. government intelligence agency is controlling his mind and forcing him to watch ISIS propaganda?

Every day? REALLY?

Color me skeptical.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2017, 10:39:01 PM »
And here we go - you "should have a valid reason" for flying with a firearm:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2017/01/09/should-airport-passengers-be-allowed-to-travel-with-guns-ammo.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2017, 01:18:40 AM »
I have the most valid reason in the world: I'm here, and I want to go there, and take my gun with me.

If they want me to reclaim my checked firearm at a separate office, that's fine with me. Less worry that someone whose suitcase resembles mine will walk out with my gun.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2017, 10:14:57 AM »

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2017, 01:43:28 PM »
Incidentally, I'd just like to note that my instincts are once again correct that EVERY report of a second shooter in these types cases turns out to be false.

You would think the media might learn. No wait, I said that wrong. You MIGHT think the media would learn, but my instincts on that one also are correct.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought