Author Topic: Every. Swinging. Piccolo.  (Read 2003 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Every. Swinging. Piccolo.
« on: January 09, 2017, 11:13:31 AM »
https://strategypage.com/military_photos/20170108211716.aspx

These American soldiers from the 28th Division Band and Quartermaster Company, stayed and fought Germans in Wiltz, Belgium, until their ammunition was exhausted. Shown at Bastogne, Belgium. 12/20/44.

During the Battle of the Buldge, the Band was placed on the line to defend the Division Headquarters at Wiltz, Luxembourg. In this action, for which the Band was awarded the Meritorious Unit Commendation, all but thirteen of sixty member were killed or captured. Of the thriteen, eleven were wounded. Sergeant Raab avoided capture and helped re-form a new band after the Ardennes campaign.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: Every. Swinging. Piccolo.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 11:27:28 AM »
I doubt you could expect that level of heroism out of the current military band(s).  I've known a few members and they're all leftist twatwaffles of the worst sort.  They're in it for the music and sweet govt bennies.

Chris

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 12:19:00 PM »

Upcoming performances: http://www.music.army.mil/organizations/pages/?unit=28ID

In case anyone's interested.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 02:37:06 PM »
Amazing, and highly doubtful of the current band. I watched a guy with two masters degrees in music get promoted from E1 to E6 on the night of boot camp graduation rehearsal. It is a lifetime music gig with a check every two weeks, benefits, and no deployment.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 10:30:10 PM »
I doubt you could expect that level of heroism out of the current military band(s).  I've known a few members and they're all leftist twatwaffles of the worst sort.  They're in it for the music and sweet govt bennies.

Chris

I went to Boot with one of those,  decent guy but definitely not on board with the "every Marine a rifleman" part. 

USMC Band,  home of the  SSgt in 4 years program... They do promote rapidly.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 12:29:35 AM »
Amazing, and highly doubtful of the current band. I watched a guy with two masters degrees in music get promoted from E1 to E6 on the night of boot camp graduation rehearsal. It is a lifetime music gig with a check every two weeks, benefits, and no deployment.

For what it's worth, I just went to a concert put on by the 1st Cav Division Rock Band (yes that's a thing, they're The Dirty Spurs.  Look em up on Facebook) They had an E4 vocalist, and stopped in to see the Army Watercraft on their way up to Taji for a gig.  They're based in Bagram, and deployed with 1CD HQ.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 07:34:05 PM »
Spent a lot of time in the field with 8ID band, they provided security to the Division EPW cage as well as security for the Division TOC.  The only people more miserable then them while in the field were the Finance folks and our Air Force Liaisons.   "I did NOT go to the Air Force Academy and learn to fly fighter jets so the I could sleep in the mud."  

(Welcome to Graf and Hohenfels, Sir.  Enjoy your hole.)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:41:48 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

rcnixon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 08:50:27 PM »
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, my brother-in-law was in the NJARNG 78th division band. He was a flutist and traded collector coins for several years to pay for his own high-value flute. The auditions were rigorous and very selective. He did ten years previous to the band in a transportation unit as a truck driver.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 09:03:52 PM »
A guy a worked with a while back, his father had been a musician playing gin joints and burlesque shows in Cicero.  Like many others he joined to the Illinois National Guard to add a few connections and get some coin during the Depression.

Boy was he surprised when they got to Guadalcanal and took over from the Marines on the front lines...  Every last one of them...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/132nd_Illinois_Volunteer_Infantry_Regiment

eta: forgot the linky
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:31:24 AM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 10:40:11 PM »
My dad's outfit was appropriated by Gen. Patton to tag along up to Bastogne.  He was not in a band.  His instrument was an M1 Garand.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 08:10:13 AM »
My dad's outfit was appropriated by Gen. Patton to tag along up to Bastogne.  He was not in a band.  His instrument was an M1 Garand.

What a coincidence.  I own a Garand.   =D
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?