Author Topic: Amazon video working for you?  (Read 960 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Amazon video working for you?
« on: January 13, 2017, 10:35:43 PM »
Just recently, the Amazon video app is no longer working on our smart TVs, and only intermittently works on the smart blu-ray players.  They were all working fine last week.  If the app starts at all, it poops out, buffers interminably or gives us an Internet connection error.  We discovered that Netflix, YouTube, HBO, and all the other video apps work flawlessly across all of our platforms and our Internet connection speed is still around 150 Mbps. I did some Googling and noticed that a lot of people all across the country on a lot of different platforms are having the same problem: https://isdownrightnow.net/status/amazon-prime/

Has this happened to you, and have you found a fix?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 10:46:47 PM »
Nope, watching the Grand Tour now and no problems on the blu ray. Also no problem earlier for the children on the Wii.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cosine

• Administrator
Re: Amazon video working for you?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 10:48:27 PM »
It's working for me on my Samsung smart TV.

When I bought this TV last weekend, the Amazon Video app didn't work on the first day I had the TV, but it worked on the second day and ever since.
Andy

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 11:25:27 PM »
Every so often I get the purple screen of death with the Roku. Usually, if I leave it alone long enough (switch to Netflix or something) I come back and it works fine.

That's the only issue I've had and it only happens with Amazon.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 11:54:16 PM »
Every so often I get the purple screen of death with the Roku. Usually, if I leave it alone long enough (switch to Netflix or something) I come back and it works fine.

That's the only issue I've had and it only happens with Amazon.

Mine has been doing that a lot lately, it is about 5-6 years old now (2xs). I was thinking about a Kodi box to replace it.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 01:42:34 AM »
Have you tried turning it off then turning it back on again?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 12:25:56 PM »
Mine has been doing that a lot lately, it is about 5-6 years old now (2xs). I was thinking about a Kodi box to replace it.

I looked it up and it says that it's got something to do with either the HDMI cable being out of wack or some copy right security thing being unsure that your not stealing stuff.
Since everything works on other apps, I'm pretty sure the HDMI cable is fine, so I'm guessing it's the other problem and I just chalk that up to normal stupid computers being stupid. I figure if it starts happening more often I'll call Amazon and bitch like there is no tomorrow.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds