Author Topic: Obama, His Administration and the rest of the Petulant Left turn it up past 11.  (Read 4926 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Is it just me or is Obama and his administration behaving as a petulant child and doing things like "Permanently" banning Off-shore Drilling, declaring all of Utah a National Monument/Park/Forest, Russian Sanctions, and this Cuba thing, simply so that when Trump reverses all this Bushwah, there can be a astrotruf Hue and Cry, that "Trump BLAGARHARGAHARGAH !!!"  I hope many, many, many Americans tune in on 20 Jan and the Left and the Establishment come out and show their collective asses in front of G-d and everyone on National and International TV.  

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]

Same with the "peeing in the bed" allegations.   We heard for so long during the campaign, that "this last incident, 'X', surely spells the end of the Trump Candidacy, and his campaign.  There is no recovery from this."  From each and every talking head on both the left and right for over a year.  And yet, each time, not only did it NOT end his campaign, he actually GAINED support and in the polls.

So the left and the establishment has now pulled out all the stops.  They've turned it up waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy past 11.   Which I think is simply outstanding.   Normal, Regular, Working Americans, see this, and the more the see the more they think "Yep, I made the absolute correct decision to pull the handle for Trump."

And the sad thing is, if there actually is ever something that Trump (or a member of his administration) does that is illegal, it will brushed aside by everyday Americans as "It's one more attempt by the left/establishment of playing 'gotcha', so it's gotta be more bushwah." and it will be ignored.

Again, I didn't vote for him.  But now that we have him, I do hope that he can get the R's in Congress (and they seem to be somewhat willing) to enact his platform/policies.   I do hope he succeeds, and his appointees help drain the swamp.*

* - Which is funny.  Because DC was a malarial backwater of the Potomac, which is why Virginia and Maryland were willing to give it away, and why Congress adjourned in August, to get away from the heat and disease.  
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 12:08:02 AM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
* - Which is funny.  Because DC was is a malarial backwater of the Potomac, which is why Virginia and Maryland were willing to give it away, and why Congress adjourned in August, to get away from the heat and disease. 

FTFY

I'm a pessimist by nature. I'm really starting to thing the lefty loons suffering from Trump Acceptance Rejection Derangement Syndrome (TARDS) will continue to drive their crazy train full throttle to the detriment of the country.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
I think you're spot on.

It's impressive how, with access to all the worlds information,  people as a whole can be so ignorant.

You can lead a horse to water..  :facepalm:
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

De Selby

• friend
This is very simple:  they are engaging in treason because they don't accept the sovereignty of the voters.

In a sane world they'd be up on charges for much of what's happening.  They're playing soviet tactics using the state to achieve their goals rather than playing politics.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MechAg94

• friend
FTFY

I'm a pessimist by nature. I'm really starting to thing the lefty loons suffering from Trump Acceptance Rejection Derangement Syndrome (TARDS) will continue to drive their crazy train full throttle to the detriment of the country.
They really did the same thing to W. Bush, but to a lesser degree.  He was attacked from the election on.  There was a brief pause after 9/11/01, but not much.  However, this stuff with Trump is so far over the top it is just insane.

And as you say, any semblance of subtlety was thrown out the window.  The crazies in the press are just unhinged. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Didn't vote for Trump, still don't like Trump. I'd rather have some of the R's in Congress influence Trump than the other way around.
The left can go full retard, call him racist and whatever, doesn't matter that much to me. There were plenty of people who went off the deep end over Obama and that certainly wasn't a reason to support him. The left's over-reaction isn't going to drive me to support Trump, that's still allowing their behavior to affect mine and the lesser of two evils is still evil. If he wants my support it will depend on his actions, not his opponents.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

De Selby

• friend
Didn't vote for Trump, still don't like Trump. I'd rather have some of the R's in Congress influence Trump than the other way around.
The left can go full retard, call him racist and whatever, doesn't matter that much to me. There were plenty of people who went off the deep end over Obama and that certainly wasn't a reason to support him. The left's over-reaction isn't going to drive me to support Trump, that's still allowing their behavior to affect mine and the lesser of two evils is still evil. If he wants my support it will depend on his actions, not his opponents.

What is it that you don't support in trumps policy platform?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I'm trying to kick my aging mind into gear to remember if any inaugurational "hijinks"  for Reagan or Bush2 went anywhere as far off the reservation as what is planned for Trump. I read the link below, then I reread it and replaced "inauguration" with stuff like "gay pride parade", "NAACP banquet", "women's march", even "Clinton inauguration". I think they all would result in the MSM going nuclear regarding the disruptions.

Some of the stuff they are planning, I believe could be considered crimes. When you are physically blocking people's free movement in public spaces, you're not protesting, you're rioting, and should be treated accordingly. Someone please remind me how many conservative groups disrupted Obama's inaugural events and physically blocked people from entering them?

As a moderator here, I know I'm not supposed to wish death on anyone, but I really wish someone would have shot Saul Alinski before he wrote his book. Honestly, it should be more infamous than "Mein Kampf" (and now I just Godwined the thread, but here we are).

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/13/protesters-planning-to-blockade-inauguration-checkpoints-party-outside-pence-home.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
As a moderator here, I know I'm not supposed to wish death on anyone, but I really wish someone would have shot Saul Alinski before he wrote his book. Honestly, it should be more infamous than "Mein Kampf" (and now I just Godwined the thread, but here we are).

Not quite. You didn't actually use the (other) 'N' word, and you didn't actually name the guy with the mustache and funny haircut.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
I am a bit curious what it is you disagree with as well.  I was and am cautious about Trump, but all the stuff I am seeing and hearing since the election lead me to think he might be the most conservative President since Reagan.  We will see if that actually happens.  The Dems in Congress won't just roll over and there are enough liberal Republicans in Congress to cause problems.  Just the idea that we are seriously discussing nationwide concealed carry and the Hearing Protection Act says a lot.

I guess the thing that makes me most enthusiastic about Trump is how he handles the media.  He says what he is going to say and does it without apology.  He doesn't retreat every time he gets questioned by a hostile media. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
RoadKingLarry offered:

"Trump Acceptance Rejection Derangement Syndrome (TARDS)"

Perfect !  +++++++++++1

"Petulant" is a good word to describe this TARD hysteria, but "tantrum" should be added where appropriate.

I am absolutely stunned by the lemming-like response to this election. "A mindless cattle stampede " also pops into my head as a good descriptor of the left's shenanigans.

And I sort-of agree about the Saul Alinsky remark even though the actual act would go against my General Principles.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
I'm far more impressed by Trump now than I was even a few weeks ago. His moves are making me think that he could achieve some great things, if McCain, Lindsay Graham, and other Republicans don't stab him in the back.

The media and the left are going so crazy that the American public are looking at them like they're nuts. Gallup reports that just 14% of respondents say they have a "fair amount" of trust in the press. To put that into perspective, the approval rating for congress is just 19%, and car salesmen have a 31% average approval rating.

HankB

• friend
. . . if McCain, Lindsay Graham, and other Republicans don't stab him in the back.
Oh, they will, they will . . . but I hope that Trump and his team are bright enough to look for it and see it coming.

The media and the left are going so crazy that the American public are looking at them like they're nuts. Gallup reports that just 14% of respondents say they have a "fair amount" of trust in the press. To put that into perspective, the approval rating for congress is just 19%, and car salesmen have a 31% average approval rating.
The recent exchange between black Democrat John Lewis & Trump is a good example; Lewis calls Trump an "illegitimate" President elect, and when Trump responds - quite mildly accurately, and reasonably, I believe - the left goes off ON HIM for DARING to critique such a "civil rights icon" (code words for "race baiter").

That IS just plain nuts.  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The recent exchange between black Democrat John Lewis & Trump is a good example; Lewis calls Trump an "illegitimate" President elect, and when Trump responds - quite mildly accurately, and reasonably, I believe - the left goes off ON HIM for DARING to critique such a "civil rights icon" (code words for "race baiter").

That IS just plain nuts.  :facepalm:

Yeah, I thought that was ridiculous. I think it is well known around here that I am no fan of Trump's tweets, but that one was a pretty freakin' mild response. All the people across the political spectrum coming to Lewis's defense has me scratching my head. Okay, he did important stuff for civil rights - and I mean that sincerely - but what does that have to do with him being a huge jackass now (and not just with Trump, but an all around jackass)?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Yeah, I thought that was ridiculous. I think it is well known around here that I am no fan of Trump's tweets, but that one was a pretty freakin' mild response. All the people across the political spectrum coming to Lewis's defense has me scratching my head. Okay, he did important stuff for civil rights - and I mean that sincerely - but what does that have to do with him being a huge jackass now (and not just with Trump, but an all around jackass)?
Black people are holy objects to people on the left.  Especially "civil rights leaders."  Trump just did the equivalent of wiping his backside with the shroud of turin to them.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
. . . Trump just did the equivalent of wiping his backside with the shroud of turin to them.
Except the left would defend that - probably even celebrate it and support it with an NEA grant - as freedom of expression.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
On the tweets, I thought it was silly a while back, but I think now it is actually a pretty brilliant way to 1)bypass the press, and 2) keep the press reacting.  Most people only hear the President or candidates speak when they hear sound bites on the news.  The tweets are something a lot of people see.  And if Trump doesn't tweet about the same thing day to day, the press always finds itself reporting on what he said that day.  It gets in the way of manufacturing news to manipulate public opinion. 

Also, I like hearing a politician sound off on subjects directly more often.  It provides a better picture of who that person is over time.  Even if you don't like some of the tweets, you are at least seeing words he chooses to type in rather than what the media decides to put on the news. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
On the tweets, I thought it was silly a while back, but I think now it is actually a pretty brilliant way to 1)bypass the press, and 2) keep the press reacting.  Most people only hear the President or candidates speak when they hear sound bites on the news.  The tweets are something a lot of people see.  And if Trump doesn't tweet about the same thing day to day, the press always finds itself reporting on what he said that day.  It gets in the way of manufacturing news to manipulate public opinion. 

Also, I like hearing a politician sound off on subjects directly more often.  It provides a better picture of who that person is over time.  Even if you don't like some of the tweets, you are at least seeing words he chooses to type in rather than what the media decides to put on the news. 

I don't mind his use of Twitter per se, and agree on the "circumventing the press" aspect. I just don't care for some of his "mouth in gear before engaging brain' tweets. A lot of what he says could come off powerfully instead of child-like if only he would proofread twice and post once. That is why I want him to have full-time tweet editors.

Marnoot

• friend
Liberal Black people are holy objects to people on the left.

FTFY. Conservative blacks are Uncle Toms, against whom it is permissible to use racial epithets and all manners of vile language.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
FTFY. Conservative blacks are Uncle Toms, against whom it is permissible a positive good to use racial epithets and all manners of vile language.

FTFY  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
What is it that you don't support in trumps policy platform?

Many of Trumps stated policy positions, at least those listed out on his website, aren't the problem. They are for the most part simply copied from the platform adopted by the RNC. These aren't Trumps ideas and with a few exceptions I doubt he could even explain the reasoning behind them. I don't believe he holds many consistent moral, ideological, or even political beliefs and I'm not going to give him credit for copying the party platform onto his website.

There's a good example of this from the weekend regarding healthcare reform. His website says "We will work with Congress to make sure we have a series of reforms ready for implementation that follow free market principles and that will restore economic freedom and certainty to everyone in this country." Sounds great, except this weekend he said:
“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.
  :mad: If it's politically beneficial and he's the one doing it, he's going to have no problem expanding government.

This isn't a man who's going to form policy based off a consistent conservative view of the world. He's an immoral opportunistic showman and quite often I think he's just saying what he thinks people want to hear. Other times he probably is expressing his true beliefs but only for that given moment - they could easily change next year or certainly for the next election. He lies and contradicts himself constantly.

Separate from policy, he's an east coast elite and I suspect a terrible human being. He appears to have little self control or discipline, and absolutely cannot resist getting in petty virtual shouting matches with celebrities. He's way too eager to befriend Putin and I believe his only opposition to authoritarianism is when he isn't the one in charge. He's incredibly overconfident in his abilities and seems convinced that he knows how to do things better than the generals, knows more than the intelligence agencies, and can fix everything if we just give him enough power. He also talks about himself in 3rd person way too much.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Trump is not an ideologue.

Trump is a pragmatist, maybe even an amoral pragmatist.

Trump is a "doer". He gets things done.

That will probably work to the conservatives favor in the sense that a lot of leftist stuff is just unworkable pie in the sky fantasy that cannot be made to "work".

A lot of conservative ideas are pragmatic solutions that line up with human nature better and as a result can actually work.

He may be a big government guy but he isn't a bureaucracy guy. We'll have to see how that plays out.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zxcvbob

• friend
Separate from policy, he's an east coast elite and I suspect a terrible human being. He appears to have little self control or discipline, and absolutely cannot resist getting in petty virtual shouting matches with celebrities. He's way too eager to befriend Putin and I believe his only opposition to authoritarianism is when he isn't the one in charge. He's incredibly overconfident in his abilities and seems convinced that he knows how to do things better than the generals, knows more than the intelligence agencies, and can fix everything if we just give him enough power. He also talks about himself in 3rd person way too much.

I think most of the time when he talks about Trump, he's referring to his brand.  And when is is actually talking about himself, it's a habit from saying Trump so much in reference to the brand.  I give him a pass on this one.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
A friend of mine had some advice the other day, for conservatives that are nervous about Trump - ignore what he says; watch what he does. Of course, he hasn't done anything yet, except appoint his lieutenants, and that looks pretty good.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife