Author Topic: Obama, His Administration and the rest of the Petulant Left turn it up past 11.  (Read 4897 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Many of Trumps stated policy positions, at least those listed out on his website, aren't the problem. They are for the most part simply copied from the platform adopted by the RNC. These aren't Trumps ideas and with a few exceptions I doubt he could even explain the reasoning behind them. I don't believe he holds many consistent moral, ideological, or even political beliefs and I'm not going to give him credit for copying the party platform onto his website.

There's a good example of this from the weekend regarding healthcare reform. His website says "We will work with Congress to make sure we have a series of reforms ready for implementation that follow free market principles and that will restore economic freedom and certainty to everyone in this country." Sounds great, except this weekend he said:   :mad: If it's politically beneficial and he's the one doing it, he's going to have no problem expanding government.

This isn't a man who's going to form policy based off a consistent conservative view of the world. He's an immoral opportunistic showman and quite often I think he's just saying what he thinks people want to hear. Other times he probably is expressing his true beliefs but only for that given moment - they could easily change next year or certainly for the next election. He lies and contradicts himself constantly.

Separate from policy, he's an east coast elite and I suspect a terrible human being. He appears to have little self control or discipline, and absolutely cannot resist getting in petty virtual shouting matches with celebrities. He's way too eager to befriend Putin and I believe his only opposition to authoritarianism is when he isn't the one in charge. He's incredibly overconfident in his abilities and seems convinced that he knows how to do things better than the generals, knows more than the intelligence agencies, and can fix everything if we just give him enough power. He also talks about himself in 3rd person way too much.
Yep.  Heard all that.  It may all be true.  However, he seems poised to accomplish more conservative goals than past Presidents or Republican majorities in Congress have done.  We will see how much of that actually happens and what form the final product takes.  I doubt we will be entirely disappointed.  Maybe in a week we will be able to talk about him revoking executive orders and issuing new ones.  I look forward to seeing what they will do. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
He hasn't done anything yet, other then appoint some pretty good people to various posts.  The people he has appointed are all "doers", not ideologues.  Which like Ron said, conservative ideals actually work when implemented as opposed to progressive liberal ideals which always need more money and bureaucracy then they'll work.  Oh, and the right people in charge.

It remains to be seen what he can push through Congress, and how much pushback he and his appointees get from the entrenched bureaucracy.

I'm not all that worried about what he says, I'm waiting to see what he does.  Often what he says is to either silence his critics, or to put them on the defensive.  

I remain cautiously optimistic.  But in the meantime, I am thoroughly enjoying the absolute mental breakdown of the all the lefties.  The next four (and probably eight, if they keep it up) years will be quite interesting.  
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Of course, he hasn't done anything yet, except appoint his lieutenants, and that looks pretty good.

That is one of the main reasons I have moved from my last minute Trump vote being "burn it down!" to, "I think I voted well". Even the few apointees who I originally wasn't crazy about, as I read more about them and heard them talk, especially in the confirmation hearings, have made me more optimistic.

Of course I am still happy, from the "burn it down" perspective, that I was able to make a small contribution to celebrity brain explosions.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Chester32141

• friend
“Bikers for Trump” Roaring Into DC To Counter Inauguration Protests

Friday is going to be a very interesting day ...  [popcorn]

http://legalinsurrection.com/2017/01/bikers-for-trump-roaring-into-dc-to-counter-inauguration-protests/
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Friday is going to be a very interesting day ...

Forecast is calling for 40-55F and rain; you really think most of the snowflakes will even go outside?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Forecast is calling for 40-55F and rain; you really think most of the snowflakes will even go outside?

Yes.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Still waiting to see if Obama will resign an hour early to make Biden the 45th President, so Trump's merchandise has to be reprinted.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Still waiting to see if Obama will resign an hour early to make Biden the 45th President, so Trump's merchandise has to be reprinted.

I think he is to narcissistic for that to happen.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
Biden would only be President if sworn in.  I doubt Clarence Thomas would bother.  Just wait an hour.  It would be bit of a spiteful move.

Maybe if he had done that, he wouldn't have commuted sentences of drug cartel bosses. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
It would be bit of a spiteful move.

Which sounds like Obama, really.

Obama's pattern, post-election, seems to be that he wants to undermine Trump's presidency as much as possible, without doing anything to actually prevent him getting into office. This seems like a good model for Republicans to adopt. Not because turnabout is fair play, but because we should stop treating America's enemies like loyal opposition.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Well, I guess the "leave the kids alone" rule is out the window starting on day 1:

http://twitchy.com/sd-3133/2017/01/20/f-ed-up-snl-writer-takes-disgusting-swipe-at-10-year-old-barron-trump/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Well, I guess the "leave the kids alone" rule is out the window starting on day 1:

http://twitchy.com/sd-3133/2017/01/20/f-ed-up-snl-writer-takes-disgusting-swipe-at-10-year-old-barron-trump/
Like so many OTHER rules, laws, and regulations, that rule ONLY applies when the kids' parents are democRATS.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Freedom does not equal license.

Hence the word licentious.

1525-35; < Latin  licentiōsus unrestrained. See license, -ous

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/licentious

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019

I have no clue who this person is, and I even (occasionally) watch SNL. Sorry, but it is funny.
Pretty disgusting tweet though.

In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
I have no clue who this person is, and I even (occasionally) watch SNL. Sorry, but it is funny.
Pretty disgusting tweet though.

White House kids are generally off limits to the mainstream media unless they really screw up.

One of the big exceptions is a couple of outlets raked Chelsea Clinton over the coals when he got a horrible crinkled hair style right as the Clinton took office. The howling from the left was pretty dramatic.

But this is OK, because it's a lefty, and she's taking on a 10 year old of a Republican.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend

Hawkmoon

• friend
When I was a kid (shortly after the signing of the Magna Carta) there was a saying: "Caution, be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear."

It seems a lot of people (especially, but not exclusively, on the left) need to update that by substituting "Twitter" for "mouth."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design