Author Topic: Wow!  (Read 1899 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Wow!
« on: January 14, 2017, 05:58:45 PM »
Another "star" whom I've never heard of has backed out of performing at the inauguration. The special snowflakes are really doubling down on shaming anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with their narrow-minded, myopic view of the world.

http://www.startjuno.com/news/read/article/the_associated_press-holliday_sees_inaugural_gig_as_for_the_people_not-ap

Toby Keith is in -- who needs what's-her-name?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Wow!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 06:35:54 PM »
Who dat?  Never heard of her.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 06:39:08 PM »
Has there EVER   been an inauguration with so much pc Sturmandrung in this nation's history?

So many snowflakes.....see how they fall..... [popcorn]

MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 06:40:50 PM »
"Further dimming the low celebrity wattage".

I see that as a bright spot. Again, where are the military bands? They need to just stop trying to get "celebrities" as if that's the only way to have a good inauguration party. Why are they trying to please the progressives?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 12:17:58 AM »
Maybe all of us could make youtube videos saying we will not perform at the inauguration also.  Makes about as much sense and I don't sing well enough to do anything like that anyway. 

I guess they need another one of those parody videos with normal people saying they won't perform.  At the end, suggest the military bands do it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 02:00:51 AM »
Old white dudes unfamiliar with Broadway performers - say it ain't so!   :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 02:35:17 PM »
As long as Toby Keith plays "Made in America" and "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" I'm ok.  It's a good song and it will drive Natalie Maines crazy again.

The song that set her off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNrdmjcNTc

The stupid sh*t she said about it.

The Dixie Chicks lead singer took the first shot when she was asked about Toby Keith‘s ‘Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue.’ “It’s ignorant, and it makes country music sound ignorant,”

Read More: Country Music Feuds – Toby Keith vs. the Dixie Chicks | http://tasteofcountry.com/toby-keith-dixie-chicks-feud/?trackback=tsmclip

And just because I like the song Made in America.

Read More: Country Music Feuds – Toby Keith vs. the Dixie Chicks | http://tasteofcountry.com/toby-keith-dixie-chicks-feud/?trackback=tsmclip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaAF_3WMJGM

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 02:41:34 PM »
Dixie Chicks? Are they still around?

Last I heard of them, they were the "warm up" band for a Doobie Brothers reunion tour.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 10:15:57 PM »
Dixie Chicks? Are they still around?

Last I heard of them, they were the "warm up" band for a Doobie Brothers reunion tour.
Yeah, they were riding high when that one decided to open her big mouth.  I thought I heard one of them was singing with someone else now.  I don't keep up with any current country.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 10:33:01 PM »
Yeah, they were riding high when that one decided to open her big mouth.  I thought I heard one of them was singing with someone else now.  I don't keep up with any current country.

They got some play after the fact on top 40 style radio. *shrug* Country music is probably the only entertainment industry that a star or group can get completely shut down if they dare really piss off their fans. There isn't much opportunity for cross over, genre wise. Rock, rap, alt and pop all have both dedicated radio stations and get a lot more play on Top 40 style stations than country. With few exemptions, country music is limited to country music stations and if they won't play it, it doesn't get played.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 05:02:53 AM »
The Dixie Chicks lead singer took the first shot when she was asked about Toby Keith‘s ‘Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue.’ “It’s ignorant, and it makes country music sound ignorant,”

Because "Earl's gotta die!" is so high-brow by comparison.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 07:55:49 AM »

:lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 10:12:28 AM »
Hey, at least the music video included Dennis Franz, who played my favorite character (Lt. Buntz) in the old TV show Hill Street Blues.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 10:21:17 AM »
As long as Toby Keith plays "Made in America" and "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" I'm ok.  It's a good song and it will drive Natalie Maines crazy again.

Too bad Trump didn't get Skynyrd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr3yR4XiQMk

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 12:58:33 PM »
They got some play after the fact on top 40 style radio. *shrug* Country music is probably the only entertainment industry that a star or group can get completely shut down if they dare really piss off their fans. There isn't much opportunity for cross over, genre wise. Rock, rap, alt and pop all have both dedicated radio stations and get a lot more play on Top 40 style stations than country. With few exemptions, country music is limited to country music stations and if they won't play it, it doesn't get played.
The general opinions of country music fans was not exactly a secret.  It is important to know your audience. 

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 01:13:27 PM »

And let's not forget "White Trash Wedding."