Author Topic: Oh, boo hoo -- Round 2  (Read 1437 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Oh, boo hoo -- Round 2
« on: January 16, 2017, 10:10:30 PM »
Not just the Democrat snowflakes whining.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/never-trump-national-security-republicans-fear-they-have-been-blacklisted/2017/01/16/a2fadf54-d9a3-11e6-b8b2-cb5164beba6b_story.html?utm_term=.b5e3450e87bc

It seems some Republicans, who (by the way) signed one or more "Never Trump" position papers, are actually surprised that the Trump team hasn't called them to offer them plum positions in the Trump administration.

One former Bush national security official who works at a Washington think tank said that some of his younger staff assistants were invited to participate but that he was not. He assumes it was because he signed the letter.

“It’s hostile,” said this person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of further retribution. “It’s not just that we’re frozen out. . . . I was told they said there was an enemies list.”

Well, :duh: -- what did they expect would happen (other than not believing Trump had a chance)? Signing a letter that said "Never Trump" isn't hostile?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Oh, boo hoo -- Round 2
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 11:21:45 PM »
Well, duh is right.

The more I watch Clint Eastwood movies, the more (except for the gunplay) I think Trump is an analog of Inspector Harry Callahan.

"Here's a seven-point suppository for you."  ( Hands his gun to the mayor.)

"What do you mean, Harry?"

"Shove it up your

I can't complete that remark.  But you can.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 01:36:41 AM »
One former Bush national security official who works at a Washington think tank said that some of his younger staff assistants were invited to participate but that he was not. He assumes it was because he signed the letter.

“It’s hostile,” said this person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of further retribution. “It’s not just that we’re frozen out. . . . I was told they said there was an enemies list.”

The enemies lists you yourselves enrolled in, and published?   ;/  

I can respect people who said they would never vote for Trump. I don't have a problem with that at all. But this whinging...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 08:06:54 AM »
How is this news?

Just what the hell did they expect?

It's not so much that they're on an "enemies" list, it is, VERY rightly so, that they've proven that there's no reason for a Trump administration to trust that they would serve the administration's goals.

If they wouldn't change their minds about a Trump presidency before the election, why would they have changed their minds after the election?

They're not indispensable. There are a LOT of experienced national security experts out there who didn't come out publicly.

All this is is another Washington Post hatchet piece. They're picking up the threads of discord and bitterness anywhere they can and pulling them as long and as hard as they can to see what they can unravel.

They're becoming more and more like the Huffington Post on the Potomac.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 08:53:23 PM »
Which part of "Never" did they fail to understand when they signed ??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 07:57:55 PM »
A quote I stole:  "I quench my thirst on the tears of moonbats." :laugh:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw