Author Topic: Disaster could put Obama appointee in oval office? (CNN report)  (Read 5162 times)

HankB

• friend
Disaster could put Obama appointee in oval office? (CNN report)
« on: January 19, 2017, 11:12:15 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vFxbNZ8q4g

The upshot is that in case of a disaster during the inauguration, depending on exact timing and casualty list, someone from the Obama administration would become the new POTUS.

I've never seen this type of report before an inauguration - given the histrionics from the left, tell me how CNN is NOT suggesting something nefarious to the loonies? Of course, they're masking it as a report so (wink, wink) they have plausible deniability.

At a minimum
, CNN reporters should be banned from the White House for the next 4 years.  

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Disaster could put Obama appointee in oval office? (CNN report)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 11:14:41 AM »
Agreed. This appears to me to be nothing other than a [very] thinly veiled call for assassination.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 11:15:14 AM »
Tom Clancy's ghost must have gone over to the dark side and is haunting the media myrmodons at  CNN. >:D [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 12:22:27 PM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 12:24:44 PM »
Obama's term ends at noon tomorrow, no matter what happens. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 01:58:23 PM »

Sigh. None of this is new, succession has been charted out for a long time. No, an Obama appointee likely would not be in charge. Is it freakishly possible? I mean, sure, if you somehow wiped out enough of the chain.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 02:03:34 PM »
Is it freakishly possible? I mean, sure, if you somehow wiped out enough of the chain.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 02:17:51 PM »
Obama's term ends at noon tomorrow, no matter what happens. 

Quoted because - need I explain?  =D
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 02:47:11 PM »
I may load up my 1/2" bore salute cannon.

So that's 10AM mountain standard time, eh?

Say, Chief, don't you have a gigantic propane or acetylene cannon?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 02:56:07 PM »
I may load up my 1/2" bore salute cannon.

No avalanche danger in your neck o' the woods, I trust.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 03:24:41 PM »
Sigh. None of this is new, succession has been charted out for a long time. No, an Obama appointee likely would not be in charge. Is it freakishly possible? I mean, sure, if you somehow wiped out enough of the chain.

The snowflakes will keep clinging to every vestige, every slight phantom, of hope&change. Or, in this case, hopefornochange.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 04:47:20 PM »
CNN is ridiculous.

That said, with the absolute nuts that are out there now, this inauguration likely has the highest probability of an assassination attempt (via gun or bomb or suicide freakin' vest) of any inauguration in modern history. We have some of our own citizens acting like Taliban nutjobs. It is likely (I very much hope) all talk, but still...
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 05:02:33 PM »
CNN is ridiculous.

That said, with the absolute nuts that are out there now, this inauguration likely has the highest probability of an assassination attempt (via gun or bomb or suicide freakin' vest) of any inauguration in modern history. We have some of our own citizens acting like Taliban nutjobs. It is likely (I very much hope) all talk, but still...
And there are a lot of D.C. insiders who might be worried about their phony baloney jobs. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 05:15:09 PM »
CNN is ridiculous.

I wouldn't be surprised if some nut jobs try to fly a bunch of drones towards the White House - probably not loaded with poison gas, bombs, or anything else, but calculated SOLELY to disrupt the proceedings.

Maybe we'll see some anti-drone rifles in action. https://www.engadget.com/2015/10/14/anti-drone-rifle-shoots-down-uavs-with-radio-waves/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 05:26:20 PM »
^
My two sons are into R/C helicopters.  They inform me that many of them have GPS return-to-point-of-origin capabilities if they lose the control signals, as in getting out of range.

Wouldn't it be funny to have all those supposed drones return to their controlling personnel?

Heh.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 05:42:41 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised to learn the the Gov has frequency jammers to block that kind of thing.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 06:30:37 PM »
I kinda hope they try something.

I'm sick to *expletive deleted*ing death of the looney left, and I want them to go ahead and START the *expletive deleted*ing revolution they've been bitching about for so long. Getting these limp wristed, safe space needing, hysterical *expletive deleted*ing loonbats out of the gene pool would be fantastic.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 10:25:12 PM »
^
My two sons are into R/C helicopters.  They inform me that many of them have GPS return-to-point-of-origin capabilities if they lose the control signals, as in getting out of range.

Wouldn't it be funny to have all those supposed drones return to their controlling personnel?

Heh.

And followed back by law enforcement, of course . . .  [popcorn]

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2017, 09:37:42 AM »
And followed back by law enforcement, of course . . .  [popcorn]

Natch.  Hence the heh.  

I guess all drones, or at least the bigger ones,  have to be registered with the FAA or somebody.  I wonder how that's going to work out.

Maybe they'll have to buy them on the black market.  Or steal them.  Sound familiar?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2017, 11:17:04 AM »
I guess all drones, or at least the bigger ones,  have to be registered with the FAA or somebody.  I wonder how that's going to work out.
If not required at point of sale, I strongly suspect that people will register their drones the way people registered their CB radios with the FCC. (Yes, there USED to be an FCC licensing requirement for CB radios, but with noncompliance >90%, they eventually gave up.)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 07:07:20 AM »
It's funny.  My CB call letters popped right into my mind when you mentioned that.

If you had just plain asked me out of the blue, I'd never remember it from that long ago.

Had to be legally licensed to operate in a local quasi-official monitoring service on Channel 9.

Most folks just ignored licensure.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2017, 07:18:53 AM »
Natch.  Hence the heh.  

Maybe they'll have to buy them on the black market.  Or steal them.  Sound familiar?

Perhaps one could buy and/or make the components and just build a drone that was unregistered.....

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2017, 12:01:38 PM »
Perhaps one could buy and/or make the components and just build a drone that was unregistered.....

Loophole!  All parts must be registered.  Anyone selling drones or drone parts at a droneshow must be a licensed drone dealer.   Yada, yada, yada...

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 12:03:06 PM »
Please don't give them any ideas...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 02:19:55 PM »
seriously folks, do any of you think CNN has even a smidgen of credibility left?