Author Topic: Best intro M1A  (Read 3831 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Best intro M1A
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 01:46:29 PM »
I agree on the AR10.  You can build it to suit your needs whether it is hunting, woods gun, or target shooting.  Or just swap uppers for that purpose.

I have never asked this question:  Does anyone make precision iron sights for the AR10?  One of the things I like about the M14 is the iron sights are very easy to shoot well at even extended ranges. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 02:09:09 PM »

I have never asked this question:  Does anyone make precision iron sights for the AR10?  One of the things I like about the M14 is the iron sights are very easy to shoot well at even extended ranges. 

It is only easy until a certain age. I used to shoot 600yds with iron sights on an M14 all day long. Now I can't see squat that far. In fact I am going to swap out my NM sights on the M1A back to standard sights to get a bigger aperture.

bob

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 03:40:24 PM »
My scout length M1a "bush rifle" is fun to shoot and shoots very well with the iron sights. I took a big Minnesota whitetail with it years ago. They are heavy to carry.
Mine gets noticed at the range and everybody asks about it, nice wood stock and great trigger but it's mostly the smith muzzle brake and the resulting blast that is the attention getter.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 07:07:57 PM »
I keep going back and forth between 3 rifles right now....  An M1A/M14 of some type, to go next to the M1 Garand in the safe (she's not a safe queen, though, that's for sure), an  AR-10 build, or a Ruger RPR....  Each for its own reasons, I just don't know which one to make a priority.

Or I just get more ammo for the Garand, more ammo for the AR-15, and work  up a good 1000 yard load for my Marlin XL7 (handloaded .30-06 right now give me about 3/4 MOA off a sled/bench). 
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2017, 07:08:52 PM »
Oh, and a better optic for the XL7.  I like the Nikon ProStaff that's on there, but it's not good for quick range adjustments.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2017, 12:19:05 PM »
Quick bump for today;

Just received in my email

CDNN is having a 2 day sale and the Standard M1A is included. Sale ends tomorrow @ 2pm CST.

1-800-588-9500

#SPRMA9106

It does have NM front sight and hooded aperture rear.

One of those call for prices sale.

bob