Author Topic: So, the quote button...  (Read 5061 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
So, the quote button...
« on: February 07, 2017, 08:56:52 AM »
Still not working...

Have we just given up on ever fixing it?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: So, the quote button...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 09:07:52 AM »

No, just have been slightly busy and timing has been an issue. Hence less posts in general and whatnot.

On plus side, rather than fix APS over the weekend, I attended the Russian State Ballet rendition of Swan Lake with an attractive young lady. Fairly tight security due to the whole Turkey assassination thing. Wine was overpriced.

Priorities, man, priorities.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 09:24:18 AM »
My workaround is to right click on the Quote button and open in another tab/window.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 09:25:32 AM »
My workaround is to right click on the Quote button and open in another tab/window.

Chris

Yeah, that's the workaround I've been using. It's annoying. I usually end up with a shitpot load of tabs open.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 06:17:12 PM »

Priorities, man, priorities.

Yes, yes, we understand about priorities. The question is why yours are so misplaced.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 09:04:20 PM »
Burn!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 09:26:54 PM »
Still not working...

Works for me
works this way too
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 10:26:15 PM »
Yes, yes, we understand about priorities. The question is why yours are so misplaced.

LOL
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 11:27:04 PM »

Hawkmoon remarked,

"Yes, yes, we understand about priorities. The question is why yours are so misplaced."

Works that way, too.  :old:   =D

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 11:36:49 PM »
Well crap..... I just use old BB codes to do it. It doesn't give the author name and just puts the text in there once you highlight it, copy it and paste it.

Is that strange, does it make sense, is it 1997?

:)

bob

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 04:06:50 AM »
Still not working...

What doesn't work about it?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 04:49:14 AM »
Still not working...

Works for me.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 06:24:30 AM »
No work for me.  Hasn't for "quote" a while.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 06:26:01 AM »
If I click quote on any message, all that happens is a bright green bar across the top of the screen with "LOADING..."

It will stay like that forever.

Preview, or at least some aspects of preview, are also broken.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 07:14:25 AM »
Well crap..... I just use old BB codes to do it. It doesn't give the author name and just puts the text in there once you highlight it, copy it and paste it.

Is that strange, does it make sense, is it 1997?

:)

bob

You can also manually add the author of the quote. On most forums the syntax is {quote=authorname}blah, blah, blah.{/quote} For this site the syntax is {quote author=authorname}blah, blah, blah{/quote}

Use square brackets instead of curly brackets.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 07:34:59 AM »
Well *expletive deleted*it, why don't we just built every message from scratch by selecting from trays of glowing pixels?

But, to get those pixels to glow, we have to coat them in various phosphors first!

And then we have to build a star to generate the energy to light those phosphors...

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 07:46:27 AM »
If I click quote on any message, all that happens is a bright green bar across the top of the screen with "LOADING..."

It will stay like that forever.

Preview, or at least some aspects of preview, are also broken.

Mine just worked, quoting from the main thread, but Insert Quote doesn't work when you are already replying.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 09:07:10 AM »
Well *expletive deleted*it, why don't we just built every message from scratch by selecting from trays of glowing pixels?

But, to get those pixels to glow, we have to coat them in various phosphors first!

And then we have to build a star to generate the energy to light those phosphors...

Thank baby Xenu my quote function works. I really wasn't feeling like working on a star this week. ;)

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 09:33:16 AM »
Thank baby Xenu my quote function works. I really wasn't feeling like working on a star this week. ;)

bob

Then may no light be with you!

230RN

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 01:34:14 AM »
Actually, I'm sort of liking the right-click "Quote" button and then the "Open in new tab" method.

It allows me to capture a quote from someone and have it parked in the new tab while I read the rest of the posts, then use it when I get to the end of the thread.

Kinda convenient, in my view.

Agree? Disagree?

Terry, 230RN

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2017, 08:15:02 AM »

I'll try this weekend. Normally Sunday early is my normal maintenance window.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2017, 09:04:54 AM »
Actually, I'm sort of liking the right-click "Quote" button and then the "Open in new tab" method.

It allows me to capture a quote from someone and have it parked in the new tab while I read the rest of the posts, then use it when I get to the end of the thread.

Kinda convenient, in my view.

Agree? Disagree?

Terry, 230RN

Disagree. As I noted, I normally end up with a dozen or more quoted reply windows open. It's a pain.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2017, 09:53:48 AM »

Disagree. As I noted, I normally end up with a dozen or more quoted reply windows open. It's a pain.

Want some cheese with that whine?  Maybe you should go burn a floppy or two.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2017, 10:34:43 AM »
Want some cheese with that whine?  Maybe you should go burn a floppy or two.

Obviously your time of the month. Or are you permanently that much of a bitch?

Your turn. :D

230RN

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2017, 10:42:34 AM »
No big deal one way or the other, but I do like being able to park a quote until I'm done reading the whole thread.  I'm much more simple minded, and all I can handle is four tabs at once.  Sometimes five if I've had enough coffee.

But my screen will only take four before it starts compressing them to illegibility.  (I usually run the 17" screen at 200-250 percent since it's about four feet away on the coffee table whilst I lounge on the couch, keyboard on lap, dispensing wisdom to Mr. and Mrs. America and all ships at sea.)   :old:

Terry