Author Topic: Common sense should trump stupid every time (OC into the police station)  (Read 3600 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Common sense vs. stupidity. You would think it would be easy. Apparently not for these guys.

Instead they have an idea. "We were wronged by the Po-Po so let's go file a complaint, oh and let's open carry our slung AK and sidearms while wearing our ski masks into the Dearborn, MI Police station to make a complaint."

There is legal and there is legal but somewhat stupid, I think this falls under the stupid category.

These guy are very lucky they didn't get shot multiple times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr6zQLvPMpw

I am a very big proponent of OC and that is my preferred mode of carry but really, even I wouldn't do something as stupid as this. I have worn a OC sidearm into the police station but I would never think of slinging an AR or other long gun and strolling into the Police station.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Common sense should trump stupid every time (OC into the police station)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 11:19:35 AM »
Wow. You know, police station aside, if I were say, a store owner, and someone entered my place masked and brandishing, I might think my life was in danger. Unmasked and with an OC sidearm would not raise my hackles barring no other suspicious behavior. But this? They are lucky to be unventilated.

Hopefully it's something that doesn't get widely distributed to hurt gun owners with a brain.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 11:39:32 AM »
What a dumbf**k.  So very very lucky that he did not get hosed from stem to stern.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 12:01:20 PM »
I would view masked men with guns as a criminal or terrorist threat, and act accordingly.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BobR

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 12:07:18 PM »
I would view masked men with guns as a criminal or terrorist threat, and act accordingly.

Especially in Dearborn, in the 2000 census nearly 30% of the population was of Arab descent. I would only imagine the population has grown since then.

bob

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 01:12:45 PM »
Instead they have an idea. "We were wronged by the Po-Po so let's go file a complaint, oh and let's open carry our slung AK and sidearms while wearing our ski masks into the Dearborn, MI Police station to make a complaint."

38F, so at least a ski mask doesn't look too strange.  Do that in 60F+ weather, and I'll stand behind anyone who shoots first and asks questions later.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 03:38:16 PM »
38F, so at least a ski mask doesn't look too strange.  Do that in 60F+ weather, and I'll stand behind anyone who shoots first and asks questions later.

Yes but if you're there for the right reasons, you'd be removing it as you enter the doors.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 04:05:44 PM »

A knit cap maybe, but a full balaclava? 38 is pretty balmy for that.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 04:21:11 PM »

Only the police and military should have masks.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 04:22:06 PM »
Saw that video on Facebook yesterday.  Every comment was about how freaking stupid those guys were.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

BobR

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 04:24:01 PM »
If you go to the guys facebook, which is linked in the youtube description you will see where he is not considered stoopid by all people. In fact he may be a hero to some.  :facepalm:

bob

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 05:45:14 PM »
Only the police and military should have masks.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 07:17:26 PM »
The scene. Ocean view and naval Base Norfolk.

The hero. My Nigerian subordinate who spoke heavily accented English and was kinda teeth.

The dilemma. Navy issue me ski mask, why the eff can't I wear it where I want.

Uh yeah. How about while driving into gate four, you're going to get shot. Brown's market at 1am? Gonna get shot. Ocean view 7-11 at same hour, going to get arrested, then shot.

Same fellow who did not grasp my "pack a toothbrush" comment when going to court for 103 in a 65. Was indignant that the racist cop picked on him. Dood, 3am, Virginia cop, Jersey plates, rims, tint with a crappy accent and attitude? You're gonna get shot. I am amazed he survived.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 10:39:46 PM »
I'm really *expletive deleted*ing impressed at the cops' restraint and professionalism.  That dumbshit deserved to run into a trigger happy rookie.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 07:17:25 AM »
Fair and calm response by the police.

"You can file your complaint in a minute"
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 09:48:16 AM »
That is an astounding degree of white privilege. That obnoxiously arrogant view of public servants as personal servants.

I'm with the kudos to the restraint of the LEOs crowd.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 11:15:19 AM »

I'm in Texas; we put on six layers when it gets in the 40s.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 12:00:08 PM »

Ah, this happened in Michigan.

Michigan, where even Ben's idea that you need a knit hat at 38 degrees will get you mocked.

It's light jacket weather, tops.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 01:37:53 PM »
Ah, this happened in Michigan.

Michigan, where even Ben's idea that you need a knit hat at 38 degrees will get you mocked.

It's light jacket weather, tops.
Thirty three degrees right now in Grand Haven, MI.
I'm in the truck at the burger joint eating lunch, checking out APS.
Next door, a young lady is gassing up her car wearing yoga pants, a tee shirt and an unzipped hoodie.
And her headlights are off.
Masks are not ever a thing in Michigan, unless one is snowmobiling, ice fishing, or working outside at O degrees Fahrenheit.
7-11 was a part time job.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 02:00:28 PM »
Thirty three degrees right now in Grand Haven, MI.
I'm in the truck at the burger joint eating lunch, checking out APS.
Next door, a young lady is gassing up her car wearing yoga pants, a tee shirt and an unzipped hoodie.
And her headlights are off.
Masks are not ever a thing in Michigan, unless one is snowmobiling, ice fishing, or working outside at O degrees Fahrenheit.

Put that way I would think she was flat chested.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 02:16:45 PM »
The 40's aren't a big deal after the first cool front.  Low 30's will get me in layers.  Of course, it is usually windy and wet also. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2017, 03:59:12 PM »
Put that way I would think she was flat chested.

It's amusing, but I never put together why temperature would matter to turning her car's headlights on.

NOW that I get the innuendo, that she was flat chested is not at all what he's meaning. Size of the chest has no bearing on the "headlights."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 04:25:48 PM »
 The security and awareness of the police sucks. These *expletive deleted*ing morons should have been shot immediately.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 04:58:51 PM »
It's amusing, but I never put together why temperature would matter to turning her car's headlights on.

NOW that I get the innuendo, that she was flat chested is not at all what he's meaning. Size of the chest has no bearing on the "headlights."

Actually based on the innuendo, the term I use is that the "high beams" are on.