Author Topic: Standing Rock Protestors  (Read 5754 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Standing Rock Protestors
« on: February 08, 2017, 09:37:45 AM »
Not that leftist environmentalists trashing whatever "save the planet" environment they are "saving" is anything new, but this is the first time I've seen a place trashed so badly that they needed loaders to clean it up. Looks like the landfill I worked at as a youngster.

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/02/08/check-out-the-mountain-of-trash-left-behind-by-the-standing-rock-protesters/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Standing Rock Protestors
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 09:47:41 AM »
Apparently the befoulment with human waste is quite dramatic.

What a way to honor the tribe's sacred ancestral lands... by taking a huge, corny dump on them.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 10:43:52 AM »
Not much different than when "concerned environmentalists" had their annual Earth Day gatherings at the National Mall in Washington, D.C., and left behind tons of filth and garbage for SOMEONE ELSE to clean up.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 11:15:33 AM »
And let's not forget the mountains of trash left in cities all across the country by the various "occupy" demonstrations.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 01:10:10 PM »
Or the tea party protests...oh yea that's right they left it cleaner than they found it.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 02:11:43 PM »
Those damned Tea Party conservative elitists -- always looking for ways to make themselves look better than other people.

How dare they clean up their own trash? They're just taking work away from honest American trash collectors who need jobs.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 02:18:57 PM »

What a way to honor the tribe's sacred ancestral lands... by taking a huge, corny dump on them.

Wouldn't it be a "huge, maizey dump" technically?  =D
I promise not to duck.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 03:31:31 PM »
:rofl:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 03:56:45 PM »
And, of course, none of the leftists will ever care about the massive hypocrisy.

Because actions and consequences don't really matter to them, only intentions.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 05:00:23 PM »
Not that leftist environmentalists trashing whatever "save the planet" environment they are "saving" is anything new, but this is the first time I've seen a place trashed so badly that they needed loaders to clean it up. Looks like the landfill I worked at as a youngster.

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/02/08/check-out-the-mountain-of-trash-left-behind-by-the-standing-rock-protesters/

Link gives me this:

400 Bad Request

nginx/1.10.0 (Ubuntu)
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 05:14:15 PM »
Link gives me this:

400 Bad Request

nginx/1.10.0 (Ubuntu)

Just checked it and it worked on my end.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 05:30:59 PM »
Just checked it and it worked on my end.

It wasn't working and now it is working...go figure.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 05:58:05 PM »
The only one who really cares is Iron Eyes Cody, and he's a Sicilian...

I promise not to duck.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 11:10:48 AM »
Link gives me this:

400 Bad Request

nginx/1.10.0 (Ubuntu)

Some folks seem to have trouble with twitchy links.  I, among them. I had to go roundabout this way:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/the-trash-is-upright-at-standing-rock/article/2006734

to get the information.

Twitchy (and a few other sites) seem to make Internet Explorer choke.  Don't know why.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 04:21:30 PM »
Or the tea party protests...oh yea that's right they left it cleaner than they found it.

One comment at the time that circulated is they would have mowed the lawn afterwards as well if merely asked.

I have noticed that as well. For "water guardians", they seem to really hate actual environmentalism and protecting the water.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 04:34:40 PM »

You know, I'm both surprised and not surprised?

I'm surprised because I thought they were doing a lot of the "old methods", which would keep the waste controlled.  You know, dig actual latrines and such.

Then again, we're talking about thousands of protesters hanging out there for months.  I doubt any site would be clean after that without very serious organization to keep it clean and export all the trash generated.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 05:11:16 PM »
Then again, we're talking about thousands of protesters hanging out there for months.  I doubt any site would be clean after that without very serious organization to keep it clean and export all the trash generated.

Well, they were supposedly pretty organized.  I've certainly seen large primitive camping sites left in much better shape after a week long gathering. 

Early Burning Man cleanups might be a good comparison.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 06:00:09 PM »
The bar is not high, people. If no police cars were turned into cloacae, they're doing quite well by their standards.

Next question: how many sexual assaults?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 08:42:50 PM »
Just from the pics I saw there looked to be some fairly high $$ tents abandoned at the location. Were the "protesters" forcibly removed or did they just leave and abandon all that crap?
If the latter, it leads me to believe that the whole deal was one big AstroTurf event.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 10:06:28 PM »
Once Obama halted the Project and the weather went to really bad, they all ams-crayed.   I don't care how much you spent on your store bought tent, A North Dakota winter will run your white hiney off the rez if you aren't really prepared. 

Everyone was in a hurry to not freeze to death, and not so much about leaving a mess.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2017, 12:21:14 AM »
This whole waste and garbage thing must be completely exaggerated.  After all, they gave the campsite an Indian Native American name so it would be all like, you know, in tune with Mother Erf and Nature and stuff.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2017, 01:16:48 AM »
This whole waste and garbage thing must be completely exaggerated.  After all, they gave the campsite an Indian Native American name so it would be all like, you know, in tune with Mother Erf and Nature and stuff.

Quote from: Little Big Man
At first sight of an Indian camp, what you think is, "I see their dump. Where's their camp?"
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2017, 10:43:20 AM »
It's these kinds of people that make the people who are seriously invested in something go "Please, don't help. You go home. We don't want your help."

We've got a bunch of them in the RKBA movement as well, although we seem to do a better job of keeping our nutters under control.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2017, 11:52:09 AM »
We've got a bunch of them in the RKBA movement as well, although we seem to do a better job of keeping our nutters under control.
[/b]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I would highly disagree with that.   Case in point, the two 'tards that walked into a Michigan police station OCing long guns while dressed in black with their faces covered.

A quick scan through the Round Table will reveal numerous "YOU'RE NOT HELPING" threads.   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2017, 01:59:16 PM »
[/b]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I would highly disagree with that.   Case in point, the two 'tards that walked into a Michigan police station OCing long guns while dressed in black with their faces covered.

A quick scan through the Round Table will reveal numerous "YOU'RE NOT HELPING" threads.  

I will just point out that while I'm taking inventory and figuring out which guns may be getting a fancy new threaded barrel in the near future, all the Standing Rock people are getting is a pipeline.

They aren't helping, but at least they're not getting in the way.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds