Author Topic: Lust  (Read 2082 times)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Lust
« on: February 11, 2017, 12:21:30 AM »
No, not the Lords of Acid first album, good as it is.  Lust for a pretty thing in red

Maybe I'm having a mid-life crisis?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Lust
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 01:10:04 AM »
I dunno, man. The steering wheel is on the wrong side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 01:37:44 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 07:44:07 AM »
Now I haz lust in my heart.

I drove a Beetle all through high school and college, only retiring it after college because of an engine problem and having to wear suits 4 days a week (no AC+Suits+NOVA Summers = Misery).

By the time mine was retired, it had a 1700cc engine, tuned Weber progressive carb, headers, lowered front end, bucket seats from a Mazda 626, new interior, Scat DragFast shifter, aftermarket steering wheel, vintage roof rack, Autometer Tach, and popout rear windows.  The heat worked, the defrosters worked, the winshield washer worked.  I routinely drove it on long trips.

Chris

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 08:36:34 AM »
Lust for a Beetle?  Whatever floats your boat, man.

For something small, light, and cheap, I would pick this:  http://www.factoryfive.com/kits/project-818/
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 08:43:38 AM »
Beetles are fun because they're very light, very simple, and fun to wrench on.  It's like an adult go-cart. :D

They're even better when they have some real power because of the light weight and rear engine.

Chris

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 12:05:00 PM »
I see your lust for a sleeper VW, and raise you mine (minus the stupid hood and stickers).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnR6FBRC0F4

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 01:19:34 PM »
For something small, light, and cheap, I would pick this:  http://www.factoryfive.com/kits/project-818/

Now THAT's nice! I especially like the coupe version, but what's the recess in the roof just above the wind screen? It looks like they put the third brake light facing the wrong way.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 02:01:03 PM »

With a Beetle you have no need for a boat. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB9rK8UR0vk

bob

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 03:18:10 PM »
what's the recess in the roof just above the wind screen?

Air intake for the engine, maybe.  It is a mid-engine car. 

What I like about it is that it uses common Subaru parts for the majority of the components. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 03:36:20 PM »
Now THAT's nice! I especially like the coupe version, but what's the recess in the roof just above the wind screen? It looks like they put the third brake light facing the wrong way.

What? You want the brake light opposite the engine, just like in any other car. That should be obvious.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2017, 09:45:19 PM »
Beetles are fun because they're very light, very simple, and fun to wrench on.  It's like an adult go-cart. :D

They're even better when they have some real power because of the light weight and rear engine.

Chris
On the small and light part, a guy I used to work with had a 4 wheel drive Geo Metro.  Apparently they were good sand buggies as they were too light to sink down in the sand with the right tires.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2017, 10:00:07 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2017, 10:04:50 PM »

LUST!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2017, 10:24:40 PM »
Bitches please...

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 12:27:35 PM »
 :rofl:

looks like RKL wins!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 04:24:05 PM »
When our oldest turned 17, 32 years ago, we bought him a Baja Beatle.  Fat oversized tires on the rear, skinny ones on the front.  Street legal.  Imron black paint.  Big air scoop up on the roof.  Engine exposed and chromed along with vertical chrome twin exhaust stacks.

I installed a VW gas heater I got from a VW junk yard so he could drive it in the winter.  I also had to take the engine apart and do some repairs.  I bought an old junker Beatle and used parts from that engine.  I had no idea what I was doing and there were parts left over when I finished.  Amazingly, when I tried to start it, it fired up and he drove it for another couple months before we sold it to a guy from Kalamazoo who came with a flat bed truck because I told him he had to take the junk VW with the Baja Beatle.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2017, 06:01:38 PM »
Nothing in this thread seems unusual, it all makes perfect sense.
Carry on, I'll check in from time to time.
7-11 was a part time job.