Author Topic: PelPro Pellet Stove  (Read 591 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
PelPro Pellet Stove
« on: February 11, 2017, 08:17:19 AM »
Anyone have one, specifically the PP130?

I've been saving up for a number of years for my pellet stove, and have been doing lots of research, and the candidates are between the Castle Serenity and the Pelpro PP130.

Right now the PP130 is winning, although I don't like the looks nearly as much.

Its controls seem to be a LOT simpler, basically a single dial as opposed to a multi function programmable keypad.

Cost is about the same, but the Pelpro has a higher heat generation range.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: PelPro Pellet Stove
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 04:15:46 PM »
Anyone have one, specifically the PP130?

I've been saving up for a number of years for my pellet stove, and have been doing lots of research, and the candidates are between the Castle Serenity and the Pelpro PP130.

Right now the PP130 is winning, although I don't like the looks nearly as much.

Its controls seem to be a LOT simpler, basically a single dial as opposed to a multi function programmable keypad.

Cost is about the same, but the Pelpro has a higher heat generation range.

I have a Bosca, which I got on clearance. Most of the parts in pellet stoves are made by a couple of companies. One or two companies make the fans for most stoves. Just something to keep in mind when looking for replacement parts. If you sort out the actual specs, you can pick up identical parts for 1/3rd the cost of the official parts.

Pick the one you like the best and don't worry too much.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.