Author Topic: Careful Who You Text When Plotting Murder  (Read 1088 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Careful Who You Text When Plotting Murder
« on: February 14, 2017, 03:57:10 PM »
http://www.kctv5.com/story/34498428/man-planning-a-murder-accidentally-texts-his-boss

Dude sent a text to his ex-boss instead of the "hitman".  Wanted wife and daughter killed.

"Life insurance is worth 1 million and if you want a bonus you can kill JL. Her life insurance is 500k."

The initials JL refer to the man's daughter. He even texted how to carry out the murder.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re: Careful Who You Text When Plotting Murder
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 04:11:12 PM »
Were I planning a murder or hiring a hitman, using my own phone registered to me though a carrier seems like a bad plan.

Texting something like that is extra dumb.

Did he think the cops, after a murder and as the recipient of a very large life insurance payment, would not subpoena his phone records?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 04:26:18 PM »
And this is why police solve most crimes: Criminals are generally stupid and reckless.

Very rarely would you need a Holmes or a Poirot to find the culprit.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 04:42:19 PM »
And this is why police solve most crimes: Criminals are generally stupid and reckless.

Very rarely would you need a Holmes or a Poirot to find the culprit.
And technology has probably not helped the criminals.  I am surprised he didn't text his wife or post about it on Facebook.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 04:43:19 PM »
Were I planning a murder or hiring a hitman, using my own phone registered to me though a carrier seems like a bad plan.

He was also dumb enough to tell the hit man how much is available.  It's like walking into a car dealership, handing them your bank statement and then asking how much they want for a car.

Even if the base price was cheap, you're telling somebody who kills people for money that you're going to have a lot of money soon.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 06:01:50 PM »
He was also dumb enough to tell the hit man how much is available.

Let's not assume honesty here.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 06:26:00 PM »

Huh. Might be an interesting plan for the future. Text from your significant other's cell phone to a burner arranging a "hit". Accidently text the wrong person. Voila, pretty much automatic win in divorce court.

I'd be shocked if it hasn't happened already. From what I've been told, very little has not been tried in divorces.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 08:51:41 AM »
Huh. Might be an interesting plan for the future. Text from your significant other's cell phone to a burner arranging a "hit". Accidently text the wrong person. Voila, pretty much automatic win in divorce court.

I'd be shocked if it hasn't happened already. From what I've been told, very little has not been tried in divorces.
There was something in the news like that recently, something about an ex wife or ex girlfriend being arrested for sending death threats to a man's current gf/wife, but it was the other woman spoofing the woman's phone number...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 09:24:08 AM »
If I were the hit man, I'd send back a reply that said..."How much life insurance is on you?"   =D :lol:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 10:57:59 AM »
Creating evidence of your own crime or criminal plot . . .

You know those kids who film themselves doing things like smashing mail boxes and shooting paintballs at random pedestrians, and then post the videos to YouTube or Facebook?

This is what they do when they grow up.

My reaction is somewhere between  :facepalm:  and  :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 10:25:06 PM »

A lot easier to accuse the husband of molesting the kids. Many lives totally destroyed for someone's hate.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 10:29:18 PM »
So, this is the modern tech version of Fargo?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds