Author Topic: gloomy interesting article, could the left win?  (Read 2125 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
gloomy interesting article, could the left win?
« on: February 20, 2017, 01:48:29 AM »
they might, they do own the media they are entrenched fairly well with a massive infrastructure going back 60 years now , own the colleges too.
The .gov bureaucracies on their side, corporations are libby/left too.
Gloomy.

https://status451.com/2017/01/20/days-of-rage/
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: gloomy interesting article, could the left win?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 03:10:07 AM »
What's past is prologue.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 06:26:21 AM »
Nobody remembers it.

Oh, I remember them all right.  At least three bombings in Boulder CO.  I heard two of them.  The sound would echo off the Flatirons and bounce back into town:

Pudlik's Liquor, Crossroads shopping center, bomb went off prematurely while the bombers were parked next to the store.   Wrecked the place, knocked down the north wall.  This one was in the outlying east part of town, and not heard everywhere.

Boulder municipal park, where a memorial train (loco, tender, caboose)  was parked for public viewing.  Blew the hell out of the caboose.  That one went off as planned.  It was in the center of downtown Boulder, so it was heard everywhere.*

Chautauqua Playhouse/Opera house.  Once again the bomb went off in a bomber's lap while they were parked near the Playhouse.  Right after they cleaned up most of the mess, I walked around there and found greasy spots on the sidewalks and pavements, and the birds were still picking stuff out of the trees.  This one was right under the Flatirons and the shock wave reflected back into the city.

Hell.  I remember. "The Anarchist's Handbook," mostly teenagers' wet dreams of destruction and mayhem, was making the rounds and it was suspected that the "CIA" (or whoever) distributed false information as to how to make bombs.  Except the instructions for "arming" the bomb actually set it off.

Hell.

I remember.

"What's past is prologue."  --RKL

<sigh>

Terry, Living Historian, 230RN

* I'm not sure that train is still in Boulder's Central Park.  I believe they moved it to the Forney Railroad Museum or something.

REF (View of the Flatirons from the C.U. campus.  Chautauqua Park and the Playhouse is amid the trees in that grassy area just under those big flat uplifted flat mountains):

https://bouldercounty365.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/flatirons-view.jpg
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 07:31:34 AM by 230RN »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 12:24:00 PM »
I had friends in the National Guard who were called in to provide security(theater) when the Black panthers were demonstrating in our area. IIRC, they weren't issued ammunition lest there be a repetition of Kent State.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 12:32:52 PM »
corporations are libby/left too.

I'm starting to think that also. Especially with the push for GOP to push through legislation to reduce taxes and reduce benefits, seems like much of that is being pushed by some PAC groups. Make you wonder if these PACs are created and funded by secret leftist to push the pendulum way to the right to get a massive retaliation one of these election years for extreme leftist policy. Start taking away things we use everyday like infrastructure and police/fire due to tax reductions to a point it starts to affect daily life, people are going to get pissed and vote those folks out of office.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 12:53:26 PM »
Could the Left win?  I think it depends on the question "win what?"  Will they min elections?   I have no doubt.  I believe that Trump is in the Oval Office due to a whole lot of anti-Hillary voting as much as anything else.   Dems will find a better candidate.  Seems inevitable.  Will they get socialized medicine?  Maybe.  As the medical insurance industry becomes more of a villain in society, a government controlled system looks more appealing to the uninformed/underinformed.    Gun control?   Not soon, but I can see a future where the left wins this, as fewer young people get into shooting sports, hunting takes it on the chin more and more, and self defense gets further abuse in society.  Immigration?   The door has been open for so long, it will be hard for the right to shut it.  Other issues? Time will tell.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 07:08:34 PM »
The Dem's will control Washington again. I hope that, when they do, the Republicans remember that they can take any order the president issues and delay it in the courts. Need to launch a nuclear counterstrike against Russia? Take it to court.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 07:27:07 PM »
I'll have to give this a read, and the book too. I knew that there were some bombings and other actions from groups like the Weathermen and the RAF in Germany, but I didn't realize it was THAT high; and I only know of those groups because of my earlier times when I use to be into left-anarchism.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 08:50:34 PM »
The RAF bombed the Hell out of Germany.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 11:29:52 PM »
The RAF bombed the Hell out of Germany.

Different RAF? ???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 12:41:45 AM »
Different RAF? ???

Probably.

As to the article, I don't think the left can win. There's not enough radicals to overcome a well-armed population.

Also I think we've entered an era where folks are just fed up with the more hard left ideas. Trump was a pushback against that sort of thing. And in the article the one thing that the hard left was trying to sell, violent revolution, no one outside of the radicals wanted. So where are they going to get their troops?

If they do get full of themselves and try a violent putsch type thing in red areas they'll be wiped out. In blue areas, I don't know.

Of course if Red State types try to go into the cities and clear them of radicals thinking it will be an easy job may well find themselves bogged down and losing and it may take so long even in the event of a win that the cites are wrecked and there goes a huge part of our standard of living.

Once that happens we go from being a first-world country to not that, and the fall can be long way down. Who knows what kind of noisome Hellscape awaits us? We might end up looking up at Venezuela with envy.   
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 11:28:21 AM »
Probably.

As to the article, I don't think the left can win. There's not enough radicals to overcome a well-armed population.

Also I think we've entered an era where folks are just fed up with the more hard left ideas. Trump was a pushback against that sort of thing. And in the article the one thing that the hard left was trying to sell, violent revolution, no one outside of the radicals wanted. So where are they going to get their troops?

If they do get full of themselves and try a violent putsch type thing in red areas they'll be wiped out. In blue areas, I don't know.

Of course if Red State types try to go into the cities and clear them of radicals thinking it will be an easy job may well find themselves bogged down and losing and it may take so long even in the event of a win that the cites are wrecked and there goes a huge part of our standard of living.

Once that happens we go from being a first-world country to not that, and the fall can be long way down. Who knows what kind of noisome Hellscape awaits us? We might end up looking up at Venezuela with envy.   

Well,  one point in the article was that the left was much better organized than the right.    And I think the author is absolutely correct here.  The right values individualism  and freedom.....qualities  in peacetime that are counterproductive in a war.  The  left puts  more emphasis on qualities that benefit warriors, like conformity and obedience to a principle.

Either way such a conflict will  be HELL.   No cakewalks exist in this future.....for anyone.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 12:15:12 PM »
The right values individualism  and freedom.....qualities  in peacetime that are counterproductive in a war.  The  left puts  more emphasis on qualities that benefit warriors, like conformity and obedience to a principle.

Voluntary cooperation is a right wing principle, and not terribly conforming volunteer warriors did a pretty good job against Cornwallis's nicely dressed out lines of conscripts.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 12:43:15 PM »
...not terribly conforming volunteer warriors did a pretty good job against Cornwallis's nicely dressed out lines of conscripts.

Not usually.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 03:07:25 PM »
I got the book referenced a few days ago.Will review when I can. I also post stuff like this on my FB page, Beowulf's Hall.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 09:51:15 PM »
thanks! I like your page btw
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 06:53:11 PM »
I checked the book out right after reading the article. A couple thoughts

Seems to me that most of the Weathermen guys were in it to get laid (one quote from a former member was that "all power flowed from Bernardine's (Dohrn) *wow such a strong word to use, check your anger at the door*")

There seemed a lot of delusion amongst the radicals: I especially liked the "we have to find a black ex con to lead us!" that some groups were running with

Yes... the Left does have a better infrastructure for going violent: the article is right on that. But I know some folks (with some pretty vile beliefs themselves) who only remain nonviolent due to the social contract. Once they feel that has been violated, things get ugly
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 07:00:01 PM »
Today I had a little daydream. That a leader emerged from the violent leftist rioters, one who could rally them, and organize them for marches. They could wear their black uniforms and their masks, and carry their anarchist black flags. If he could instill in them the pride to march and show themselves off, they might do it. And in doing so, the image would remind the citizens of another time in history.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2017, 12:41:10 AM »
a couple yrs ago I rented a room from some liberals, I didn't know at first.
one of them, retired from the army and became a code enforcement officer.
just about the creepiest guy I've had to deal with since leaving NYC .
it seems to me that the warrior folks have fled the military and the government bureaucrats have taken over and could order the whats left of our military to fight on .gov's side .
We have our good military folks I know, but - lets say another Bundy farm thing happened or some kind of bigger disruption of lefties versus rural, I feel like the gov would side with the lefties because they're all urban city dwellers. .
I think the clash, if it happens will be between city and rural,  rural has the guns but city has the numbers.
and we were getting organized, up until facebook took over 

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2017, 10:36:37 AM »
a couple yrs ago I rented a room from some liberals, I didn't know at first.
one of them, retired from the army and became a code enforcement officer.
just about the creepiest guy I've had to deal with since leaving NYC .
it seems to me that the warrior folks have fled the military and the government bureaucrats have taken over and could order the whats left of our military to fight on .gov's side .
We have our good military folks I know, but - lets say another Bundy farm thing happened or some kind of bigger disruption of lefties versus rural, I feel like the gov would side with the lefties because they're all urban city dwellers. .
I think the clash, if it happens will be between city and rural,  rural has the guns but city has the numbers.
and we were getting organized, up until facebook took over 

Actually no.   If you look at Charles Moskos (Sociologist at Northwestern University) work on the military, he discovered that most minorities join the military for job training.  They sign for the support functions of logistics and maintenance for the most part.  It's the rural white males (especially southern rural white males) that sign up for the "adventure" or trigger-puller jobs.    So those would actually be facing those at the next Bundy Farm type incident, would be more sympathetic to them, then what TPTB would expect.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.