Author Topic: Ken Waters died back in January  (Read 2124 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Ken Waters died back in January
« on: February 21, 2017, 11:26:25 AM »
Didn't realize that he was active in so many things besides sport shooting.

http://www.hoytfuneralhome.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1901682
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
Re: Ken Waters died back in January
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 11:04:30 AM »
Almost reached the century mark.

I enjoyed reading his long running "Pet Loads" column in Handloader magazine - lots of good info presented. And mistakes in his columns were rare.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 12:08:29 PM »
Almost reached the century mark.

I enjoyed reading his long running "Pet Loads" column in Handloader magazine - lots of good info presented. And mistakes in his columns were rare.

I have Vols 1+2 at home.  Other than lacking some of the new powders, the data is quite useful.  It's one of the few places I can find significant 35Whelen info.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 12:38:24 PM »
Chris, do those have information on the .300 Savage?

Edit in: OK, I just found a partial TOC on Amazon. Two different write ups on the .300. I've been meaning to get a copy for some time....

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 12:40:35 PM »
Oh hell, it's got info on .32-20 revolver loads!

Double Soup Tuesday at the Orphanarium!