Author Topic: Banning Whiteboards  (Read 2227 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Banning Whiteboards
« on: February 22, 2017, 11:10:45 AM »
University of Michigan has banned whiteboards in order to stop offensive language. Stupid whiteboards. So what happens if they replace them with blackboards? After all, I think we recently learned that chalk is racist.

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/02/22/university-bans-potentially-triggering-free-speech-delivery-system-snowflake-brigade-declares-victory/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Banning Whiteboards
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 11:48:45 AM »
The human race is doomed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 12:01:58 PM »
Well, I guess it's back to Sharpies on the bare walls.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 12:33:49 PM »
Whiteboards are for wimps.  Whatever happened to good old school spray paint-based graffiti? 
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 12:46:24 PM »
Typical *expletive deleted*ing liberal mentality.

Banning the inanimate object will cure the bad behavior by the animate ones.

I bet when someone DOES spray paint something rude on a wall or do somewhere they'll all stand around, scratching their heads, wondering what went wrong because, after all, they took decisive action.

I'd say stupid monkeys...

But your average monkey is miles smarter than these fucksticks.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 12:49:30 PM »

Rarely do I laugh at twitter replies, but I did chuckle at the one that roughly said "So Trump is bad, but this is ok."
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 12:54:03 PM »
Rarely do I laugh at twitter replies, but I did chuckle at the one that roughly said "So Trump is bad, but this is ok."

Well of course it's right!

It's done with the best social intentions! It's done to boost self esteem! It's done to promote a sense of kumbayah! It's done by the right minded, right thinking liberal!

You obviously are a Nazi racists if you think that this right, correct, and inclusive action is anyway equal to that evil, evil, man!

We know the right things to think, and we will tell you what to think! And there will be no distension!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 02:00:32 PM »
I truly did not know that they still used boards/notes any longer.  Thought it was all replaced by text messaging/IM/Instagram/etc...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 06:11:04 PM »
Well of course... Whiteboards  ;/

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 08:01:15 PM »
I truly did not know that they still used boards/notes any longer.  Thought it was all replaced by text messaging/IM/Instagram/etc...

It's a good way to target messages for random schmoes who might be attempting to visit your dorm room for whatever reason.

Text messages are for specific people.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 09:02:26 PM »
If they thought whiteboards were racist,  just wait till the weapons grade memes come out when they get smartboards...
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 10:02:18 PM »
MSU's Banned Books Week, from last year ↓

http://bookings.lib.msu.edu/event/2740356

Celebrate Banned Books Week and help draw attention to the issues surrounding censorship. Come read short passages from your favorite banned book into the microphone on the Main Library's patio. A selection of frequently banned books will also be available for reading.

Banning books - bad

Banning whiteboards - great idea!

http://news.jrn.msu.edu/2017/02/michigan-state-addresses-immigration-ban/

A temporary "ban" on immigration from certain terrorist-ridden countries - bad

An indefinite, actual ban on scribblings in a dorm hallway - good!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife