Author Topic: How to spend your bacon money  (Read 2665 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
How to spend your bacon money
« on: March 02, 2017, 03:24:19 PM »
https://www.tastingtable.com/dine/national/best-worst-grocery-store-bacon-brands-ranked?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=keywee&kwp_0=346750&kwp_4=1301837&kwp_1=578210

These people have done the work for you.  I never even knew Target had bacon.  The local Targets have small grocery sections; we don't have much in the way of Super Targets as do other parts of the country.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: How to spend your bacon money
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 03:32:36 PM »
Fail.  "Turkey bacon" is not bacon.  Kinda like "vegan bacon":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXhJPey3i_A

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 03:32:59 PM »
I have serious doubts about that list. They included OM turkey bacon.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 03:40:24 PM »
^^^Note that the samples were limited to those 'near our office in NYC'.  I suspect turkey bacon may do well there.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 11:23:56 PM »
We've been getting Kirkland bacon these days. Cost effective and pretty good
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 02:13:20 AM »
Pffftt...

Store bought bacon....
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 02:48:52 PM »
Bacon.

bacon 
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 02:59:06 PM »
I vote a group of us go hogtie RKL and make him watch as we eat all his bacon.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 03:06:01 PM »
Bring your lunch and lots of friends =D

Samuel Adams

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 05:27:16 PM »

At one point I would have said there was no bad bacon. Then I bought some generic brand because it was on an insanely cheap sale. There is indeed bad bacon out there. The only thing I think the entire world could agree on... Terrible bacon is a sin.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 08:05:46 AM »
Turkey "bacon" is delicious, but calling it bacon is a lie.  Fried turkey slices.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 08:09:16 AM »
Turkey "bacon" is delicious, but calling it bacon is a lie.  Fried turkey slices.

You are a sad, twisted, little man.

Samuel Adams

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 08:54:20 AM »
https://www.tastingtable.com/dine/national/best-worst-grocery-store-bacon-brands-ranked?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=keywee&kwp_0=346750&kwp_4=1301837&kwp_1=578210

These people have done the work for you.  I never even knew Target had bacon.  The local Targets have small grocery sections; we don't have much in the way of Super Targets as do other parts of the country.

I usually buy fresh bacon from a local specialty store, but I'll have to try the Target bacon.  I shop there often because it's right around the corner, has a substantial grocery section (for a Target), and it's always quiet with no screaming kids.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 09:01:29 AM »
I usually buy fresh bacon from a local specialty store, but I'll have to try the Target bacon.  I shop there often because it's right around the corner, has a substantial grocery section (for a Target), and it's always quiet with no screaming kids.

Where do you think the bacon comes from?

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 09:39:28 AM »

Where do you think the bacon comes from?
I thought it was from pigs, not baby goats. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 11:01:09 AM »
I vote a group of us go hogtie RKL and make him watch as we eat all his bacon.

I know where he lives and how to get to his house.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 05:38:44 PM »
I know where he lives and how to get to his house.

Does that mean you're in on this deal?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 07:09:43 PM »
In the interest of full disclosure my wife is also protective of her bacon and her preferred HD weapon is the 870 loaded with 00.
=D

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 08:05:01 AM »
Does that mean you're in on this deal?

Yep

In the interest of full disclosure my wife is also protective of her bacon and her preferred HD weapon is the 870 loaded with 00.
=D

Little tactics and you could be surrounded rather easily.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 09:40:38 AM »
Yep

Little tactics and you could be surrounded rather easily.

That works too, field of fire in all directions.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 12:22:41 PM »
That works too, field of fire in all directions.

Only cover two at a time.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 03:21:22 PM »

That's what the dogs are for. They're protective of THE BACON also.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2017, 03:35:36 PM »

Hamburger will take care of them.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2017, 09:30:11 PM »

Samuel Adams