Author Topic: Ask not for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for Colt.  (Read 2821 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: Ask not for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for Colt.
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2017, 03:11:40 PM »
Ian McCollum over at Forgotten Weapons just did a pretty good video overview of the history Colt company last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk_TxE1d9HY

Kind of fills in the blanks about why this is happening. A history of being sold, reacquired, split, and variously screwed around with and a lack of innovation is doing them in.

Very timely!

Colt's spirit got broken. Put it down already.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2017, 09:08:31 AM »
Whether or not the current gubernatorial team has any responsibility for this (final nail in the coffin, etc), I hope Connecticut voters take it out on them.  Of course, the Dunkin Donuts Field fiasco might do that.

I'm ambivalent about Colt products.  I had a AR-15A2 HBAR years ago that worked fine.  Never delved into their 1911s.  In the NG most of our Frankenrifles were a hodgepodge of FN lowers and Colt uppers.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2017, 09:25:13 AM »
I doubled my money on the 1990's vintage Winchester .44 Mag Trapper on Gunbroker when Winchester went Tango Uniform.

I'll have to keep an eye on Colt values if the same happens to them. I've got a '96 ban-era "Lightweight Match Target" AR, I've been "meh" on it even after de-banning it somewhat with a 6 pos telescoping stock and a Vortex flash hider, because it's an A2 with the forged-in carry handle, and then there's the weird ban-era Colt pins and the block behind the FCG.

I'll have to make sure all my old A2 furniture is around, and get an A2 birdcage flash hider for it so I can make it as complete as possible just in case.
I promise not to duck.