Author Topic: Nervous Republicans  (Read 1469 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Nervous Republicans
« on: April 10, 2017, 10:37:03 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-republicans-getting-antsy-over-special-1491583987-htmlstory.html

The Republicans are nervous about the special election in Kansas, because of Trump's low approval ratings. Maybe the Republicans should start thinking about not trying so hard to obstruct everything Trump was elected to accomplish.

Morons.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jim147

• friends
Re: Nervous Republicans
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 11:10:52 PM »
Te ultra conservatives in Kansas have screwed things up so they are going to lose some seats
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 08:17:45 AM »
I'm kind of shocked that Wichita is that Republican leaning.  Thought it would be more left.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 08:32:06 AM »
Te ultra conservatives in Kansas have screwed things up so they are going to lose some seats

What's the story there?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 10:14:22 AM »
The stupid party is a busy doing what they do best- screwing up, and trashing their victories to suck up to rich people, corporations and others who actively hate them.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 10:16:51 AM »
The stupid party is a busy doing what they do best- screwing up, and trashing their victories to suck up to rich people, corporations and others who actively hate them.

Not so funny tangent, I heard the other day that the majority of the mega-rich now vote Democrat. The country club Republican is a dying breed. The stupid party needs to figure out their base.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 11:07:54 AM »
Not so funny tangent, I heard the other day that the majority of the mega-rich now vote Democrat. The country club Republican is a dying breed. The stupid party needs to figure out their base.

That's the ultra rich. NYC bankers, Seattle/Silicon Valley/SF techs, venture capitalists, etc. Not the "normal" rich of millionaires that own small or medium sized businesses. There's still plenty of those, but they're not uniformly die hard Republican either. But a good number of them are represented well in the Stupid Party bureaucracy and committees that normally decide elections.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 12:12:14 PM »
I think you have to look at who the big Republican money donors are, not necessarily who the people or voters are.  I would be curious how many of those give money and lobby both parties.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 06:48:59 PM »
Why should they be nervous?

They'll just get the Russians to rig it at Trump's request.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 12:35:37 AM »
I don't have links but I will go with the school funding the taxes  the old ag that did crooked crap even got my name involed.

My roads might suck but glad I don't live in that state anymore.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 12:23:48 PM »
Looks like a pretty solid win: 53-46

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article144061274.html

I guess Mike was right about them Russians.

There's another special election next week, in Georgia. Another chance for the Democrats to get their hopes up.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 03:08:59 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife