Author Topic: Poor Prince Chuck  (Read 1315 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Poor Prince Chuck
« on: March 04, 2017, 11:08:19 AM »
After waiting all these years to become King of England, apparently it's not going to happen:

http://www.newser.com/story/239142/the-next-king-of-england-american-says-its-him.html
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
Re: Poor Prince Chuck
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 11:11:49 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, ALL claims of an inherited right to rule have equal legitimacy.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 06:49:34 PM »
Personally, I wish Prince Harry were next in line.  But he's like sixth down or something.

Would shake up the Royal structure, to GB's ultimate benefit, I'd wager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 07:57:10 PM »
Harry's a cool dude, but I think Wills will do well as king. He's smart, he's not a pretentious prig like his father, and he seems to be genuinely in love with his beautiful trophy wife. (Who is -- or was -- a "commoner," which means he married her because he loves her, not because she was "suitable," like Chuck and Diana.)

230RN

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 08:18:53 AM »
Yeah, but Harry can pilot a helicochopter and shoot an M4(not forgery) and has partied and mixed with folks like you and me.

Why, why... he might even push people toward self-reliance and other halfway macho things and maybe, maybe, rescue GB from its rather effete (in my view) cultural decline.

My nomination for king would be, if I were a British subject, Harry for the long-term win.  

Hairy Harry for the Crown!
He won't try to put you down!
He'll be King for you and me,
Screw the peerage, bend no knee!

Terry  [popcorn]  =D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 08:41:35 AM by 230RN »

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 10:23:32 AM »
The real question is how many do we have to kill to get King Mattis I ?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 10:35:41 AM »

Yeah, but Harry can pilot a helicochopter and shoot an M4(not forgery) and has partied and mixed with folks like you and me.

Wills is a helo pilot, too, and I rather expect that he has been known to fire some sort of "assault rifle" in his years of military service. Dunno about his party animal habits. The press hasn't made as much out of him in that regard as they have of Harry, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wills had been known to quaff a pint or three in his day.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 12:47:17 AM »
Re the OP.  The throne-claimant is from Colorado, huh?  Dammit, you see what happens when you make pot legal?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 09:59:13 AM »
England still has "royalty?" 

This seems appropriate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Npo0cmp-VY
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 10:07:10 AM »

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 12:52:54 PM »

The Queen of England isn't exactly lacking in familiarity with rifles.

Apparently prefers driving though. She was an ambulance driver during WW2. And still apparently likes driving. When Crown Prince Abdullah (later King of Saudi Arabia) visited, she apparently drove like a nut while holding a conversation the entire time. Eventually the Crown Prince begged for her to slow down.

The job of the British monarchy is to essentially do nothing and say nothing. It doesn't pay as well as you'd think. It's either a tourism attraction or historical custom for the UK. It's a good deal for the UK government. There's a bunch of land that would revert back to the Royal family if the monarchy was terminated. The government makes a hefty profit in rent money off said land, and gives only a fraction of it to the Queen. Again, tourism brings in billions. And it is a point of historical pride that the modern government would be completely unable to replace. They try to taut out pride in NHS even at the Olympics, which has some quite significant faults.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 01:08:14 PM »
Offhand from a machine rest isn't "familiarity with rifles."

Is she left-handed?  It's on her right shoulder, but her right hand is on the forend.  I could be wrong, but I doubt they'd actually let her fire it without hearing and eye protection.

Sorry, but she looks like quite the novice... unless you were being sarcastic.

Somehow this reminds me of the photograph of Ms. Clinton in hunting garb carrying a shotgun, and another one of former President Obama shooting a shotgun.

I'm kind of an Anglophile, but some of their antics (aside from the royal structure itself) amuse me.

Of course, some of my antics would amuse them.

Terry

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2017, 01:28:07 PM »

Perhaps I should say, familiar sixty years ago.  :lol:
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 02:17:12 PM »

Of course, some of my antics would amuse them.

Your spell checker is acting up again.

BE'-muse

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2017, 02:18:20 PM »
Apparently prefers driving though. She was an ambulance driver during WW2. And still apparently likes driving. When Crown Prince Abdullah (later King of Saudi Arabia) visited, she apparently drove like a nut while holding a conversation the entire time. Eventually the Crown Prince begged for her to slow down.

Considering that the Saudis don't allow wimmins to drive, I would have loved to see Abdullah's face.