Author Topic: Deadpool 2  (Read 5997 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Deadpool 2
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2018, 10:25:15 AM »
I was talking with my friend in Iowa the other day about DP2.

Dave has seen DP1, but his son hasn't (the one who is graduating high school in a few days).

So, we're going to rent DP1 and IMMEDIATELY go see DP2.

That should put everyone in the right mood for the graduation ceremony!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

CypherNinja

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2018, 05:11:58 PM »
The official film synopsis, as pulled from rotten tomatoes and others:

After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry's hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor - finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World's Best Lover.

Its on IMDB, too.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2018, 01:21:52 AM »
Thread necro because I finally got around to watching it tonight. Yep, it was good. The movie was even more gross, outlandish, and unhinged in pretty much every way than than DP1.

I got the unrated version which has an extra 15 minute running time.  Dunno how it compared to the theatrical version but I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the in-jokes and third wall breaks. I thought they were damned funny but also a lot over-the-top.

Also, the epilogue scenes... oh muh gerd!! I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long time.

Brad
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 09:46:39 AM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2018, 08:19:30 AM »
I loved it when I went to see it. Now I need to see it again to get the full effect.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2018, 09:00:55 PM »
It was good, but I was slightly disappointed, to be honest.

I loved Yukio, though.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2018, 07:50:53 AM »
I found it funnier than the first one, but not as good of a movie.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”