Author Topic: Regular tie or bow tie for job interview?  (Read 2495 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Regular tie or bow tie for job interview?
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2017, 08:46:00 AM »
He at least used to live in the general vicinity.  Not any more apparently.  He was an engineer at Boeing before he got on TV.

I actually met Bill Nye several times when he was still local.  He has an undergrad degree in mechanical engineering from Cornell and was an engineer at Boeing for a while.  Then he started on a local comedy show, Almost Live, and his TV career took off from there.  His most famous characters on Almost Live were the Science Guy, Speedwalker, and Streetwalking Lawyer.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2017, 10:18:46 AM »
For the interview today, I am going with a red silk tie with white pindots against a French blue Land's End button down oxford.  Normal business attire for me.  No bow tie today.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2017, 11:11:56 AM »
For the interview today, I am going with a red silk tie with white pindots against a French blue Land's End button down oxford.  Normal business attire for me.  No bow tie today.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re:
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2017, 11:54:09 AM »
So long as it fits you, go for the bow tie. It can show confidence in yourself.

Agreed.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2017, 03:40:12 PM »
I was underwhelmed by the interview and facility, it took me 90 minutes to go 40 miles this morning and similar to get home.  I have decided the relatively-minimal increase in the pay range is not worth it for an 80 mile commute when I don't need a new job, and I will pass on the position.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2017, 03:44:05 PM »
I was underwhelmed by the interview and facility, it took me 90 minutes to go 40 miles this morning and similar to get home.  I have decided the relatively-minimal increase in the pay range is not worth it for an 80 mile commute when I don't need a new job, and I will pass on the position.

Quality of life dude. It's why I never took a DC gig. A career hit was a personal life plus for me.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2017, 03:46:48 PM »

But just think how your legs will look if you bike commute.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2017, 03:48:05 PM »
Quality of life dude. It's why I never took a DC gig. A career hit was a personal life plus for me.

The older I get, the more quality of life means, especially since I have about five years left before retirement.