Author Topic: Darwin wins via train  (Read 2487 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Darwin wins via train
« on: March 15, 2017, 04:36:13 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pregnant-texas-woman-killed-train-photos-article-1.2998908

Memo to self: if doing photo shoot on train tracks, use spotters.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Darwin wins via train
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 04:58:18 PM »
I had to stop reading for a moment, when I learned that her given name is "Fredzania." This certainly encourages the belief that bad judgment is genetic, and natural selection is real.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 05:08:58 PM »
I had to stop reading for a moment, when I learned that her given name is "Fredzania." This certainly encourages the belief that bad judgment is genetic, and natural selection is real.

Yeah...I was withholding comment on that bit.

Don't play where the choo choo goes.  Especially if you're too dense to realize those tracks work both ways.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 05:37:11 PM »
19 years old. Pregnant. Different last name than her mother. Wanted to quit education to become a model.

I'd say she succeeded ... in becoming a role model for how not to live your life.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 06:00:39 PM »
How absolutely oblivious to your surroundings does one have to be to let a freaking freight train sneak up on you?

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 06:05:56 PM »
How absolutely oblivious to your surroundings does one have to be to let a freaking freight train sneak up on you?

A train that was likely blowing its horn in addition to just being loud.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 06:20:07 PM »

Look at how many people have run straight into DART trains in Dallas.  They're 12 feet tall, yellow and white, with blinky lights, and people will ignore "NO TURN" and "DO NOT ENTER" signs and smack right into one waiting at a street-level station at 25-30MPH.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 05:06:58 AM »
Apparently, according to the article, there were two sets of tracks.  She moved off one set on the approach of one train, and probably didn't hear the second one coming because of the noise of the first one going by.

A while ago I got into a sequence of dumb train versus other object videos, and it was amazing how these things happen.  School buses stuck on tracks, cars driven directly into a stopped train, limousine high-centered on some raised tracks, trains colliding because of someone not setting the switches right, cars racing to get across the tracks ahead of the train, etc., etc, etc.

Jeeze, all I wanted to do was see a video of good ole #844, and got trapped into that "suggested other videos" thing.  Ended up watching those crash videos for an hour.

Terry

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 09:33:45 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 07:48:52 AM »
Apparently, according to the article, there were two sets of tracks.  She moved off one set on the approach of one train, and probably didn't hear the second one coming because of the noise of the first one going by.

A while ago I got into a sequence of dumb train versus other object videos, and it was amazing how these things happen.  School buses stuck on tracks, cars driven directly into a stopped train, limousine high-centered on some raised tracks, trains colliding because of someone not setting the switches right, cars racing to get across the tracks ahead of the train, etc., etc, etc.

Jeeze, all I wanted to do was see a video of good ole #844, and got trapped into that "suggested other videos" thing.  Ended up watching those crash videos for an hour.

Terry

It's like a train wreck, you just can't look away...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 09:35:27 AM »
^ Yeah, it was like an addiction.

The one with the limousine,
https://youtu.be/FH3IRQdilkA

In one video related to this incident, the driver asks the engineer afterwards, "Didn't you see me waving for you to stop?"
The engineer responds, "I did, but I've got 10,000 tons behind me."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 03:07:42 PM »
This is where I get back in the front seat on the bus to hell.

There is a go fund me site for her where they are trying to raise 10K for funeral expenses. OK I get it funerals can be crazy expensive, they can also be fairly inexpensive. Maybe they should go for the least expensive option they can if they have to beg for money to fund this thing, unless of course they plan on having a tiny coffin to represent the unborn child also. Then I can see another 10-12 bucks. But 10K, really, why is it everybody and their brother reaches for the stars when it isn't their money they are spending <rhetorical question>?

bob

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 03:12:16 PM »
^ Yeah, it was like an addiction.

The one with the limousine,
https://youtu.be/FH3IRQdilkA

In one video related to this incident, the driver asks the engineer afterwards, "Didn't you see me waving for you to stop?"
The engineer responds, "I did, but I've got 10,000 tons behind me."

At some point in my public schooling, they stopped torturing us with the manifold horrors of cursive long enough to give us a presentation on the dangers of rasslin' with trains. They made sure to explain to us that trains do not stop RIGHT NOW, or anything close to RIGHT NOW.

Methinks the driver could have used this instruction.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 03:36:24 PM »

There is a go fund me site for her where they are trying to raise 10K for funeral expenses. OK I get it funerals can be crazy expensive, they can also be fairly inexpensive. Maybe they should go for the least expensive option they can if they have to beg for money to fund this thing, unless of course they plan on having a tiny coffin to represent the unborn child also. Then I can see another 10-12 bucks. But 10K, really, why is it everybody and their brother reaches for the stars when it isn't their money they are spending <rhetorical question>?

bob

Life insurance for your kids is pretty cheap, and this kind of thing is what it's good for.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 03:52:31 PM »

bob

Perhaps they are doing the least expensive option and pocketing the difference.

Looks like we'll be sharing that front seat.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2017, 04:17:08 PM »

Mama can't be seen pullin' up at no funeral widout some formal rims.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2017, 04:27:55 PM »
^^^^^^^

Quit trying to take my front row seat dadgumit!!!

:)

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 05:07:28 PM »

Terry

Sounds like the way local hound dogs used to get hit by 18 wheelers on the highway.  They were fine avoiding one vehicle.  They got confused when they were coming from both directions.  

Not that there is any comparison with the story from the OP.   =|
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 05:20:17 PM »
Quit trying to take my front row seat dadgumit!!!

Don't talk to your driver that way.   :P

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 06:30:43 PM »
Don't talk to your driver that way.   :P

We're gonna need a bigger boat  handbasket.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 08:10:42 PM »
I got my gasoline soaked underwear on.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 08:35:06 PM »
Ever listen to TJ Sotomayor?
Pregnant Black Teen K!lled By Speeding Train During Photo Shoot! #iShitUNot - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TismUT8I8Og&feature=em-uploademail&ab_channel=TNNRaw5
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2017, 09:06:07 AM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2017, 09:57:23 AM »
Ever listen to TJ Sotomayor?
Pregnant Black Teen K!lled By Speeding Train During Photo Shoot! #iShitUNot - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TismUT8I8Og&feature=em-uploademail&ab_channel=TNNRaw5

Luv it!

Where the [bleep] they raisin' these sneaky-ass trains from? What, the train just snuck up on the [n-word]? It's a STEALTH train?

The man has a way with words.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2017, 10:10:11 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Cb9x70gYQ

Saw that one yesterday. Not sure who was dumber, the woman in the white cap (who waited a VERY long time before starting to turn away from the flying snow) or the videographer, who didn't turn away at all. Did the person taking the video think a magic force field was going to keep the snow away or something?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2017, 11:25:35 PM »
Saw that one yesterday. Not sure who was dumber, the woman in the white cap (who waited a VERY long time before starting to turn away from the flying snow) or the videographer, who didn't turn away at all. Did the person taking the video think a magic force field was going to keep the snow away or something?
It appeared the people in view all had their phones out recording.  I assume they knew what was coming.