Author Topic: Just ... WHY?  (Read 7350 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Just ... WHY?
« on: March 18, 2017, 09:44:44 AM »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/weekend-box-office-beauty-beast-roars-163m-thursday-986898

Disney's new release of Beuty and the Beast has a now-obligatory gay character.

Beauty is also opening around the world and should earn at least $100 million overseas. It took in a strong $11.5 million on its opening day, debuting as the No. 1 film in all but one market (Slovakia, where it was the No. 1 non-local film). It is also doing well in Russia, despite a restrictive rating slapped on the film after Condon recently revealed that Gad's character, Gaston's sidekick, is gay.

WHY? Does making a secondary character gay add ANYTHING to the story? The story is a classic -- it dates to 1740, fer cryin' out loud. Somehow, it has managed to remain a classic fairy tale for 275 years without a gay character, and suddenly it's necessary to make one of the chorus gay? Pretty clearly it's just another in Hollywood's sequence of films aimed at brainwashing kids into accepting same-sex relationships as normal.

I know one new movie I won't be supporting.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Just ... WHY?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 09:49:20 AM »
I am pretty sure that elderly conservative white men are not the target audience for this movie.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 10:17:15 AM »
I am pretty sure that elderly conservative white men are not the target audience for this movie.

I think that's sort of my point. They're changing the story to indoctrinate the target audience.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 11:09:29 AM »
I think that's sort of my point. They're changing the story to indoctrinate the target audience.
Nailed it.

Same reason they gave Supergirl an adopted sister and made her (the sister) a lesbian on the current TV show.

And why activists have been lobbying - so far unsuccessfully - to make Captain America gay in the movies.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

zahc

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 12:51:51 PM »
I felt robbed even after watching the trailer for this. There are a thousand reasons to pretend it doesn't exist, even before getting to the gay supporting characters.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 12:53:49 PM »
Mucking with the heads of our kids, part of the effort to normalize pretty much everything.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 01:58:33 PM »
WHY? Does making a secondary character gay add ANYTHING to the story? The story is a classic -- it dates to 1740, fer cryin' out loud. Somehow, it has managed to remain a classic fairy tale for 275 years without a gay character, and suddenly it's necessary to make one of the chorus gay? Pretty clearly it's just another in Hollywood's sequence of films aimed at brainwashing kids into accepting same-sex relationships as normal.

You mean sort of like Dr Who made it through eight incarnations before suddenly about 40% of the creatures in the entire time continuum suddenly became gay or bi?

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 02:53:52 PM »
So that wasn't obvious to everyone who watched the cartoon version?

Nobody causes homoerotic attraction in weak-minded, toadyish, secondary characters like Gaston!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 04:26:56 PM »

Nobody causes homoerotic attraction in weak-minded, toadyish, secondary characters like Gaston!

There was a cartoon version in 1740?

Nobody ever tells me nutten'.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 05:00:17 PM »
You should be happy. Of all the characters they made gay they went with a villain. A nasty, throat-slitting type of henchman that generates no sympathy whatsoever.

I'm surprised the professional gays aren't angry about that. 
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 06:20:20 PM »

The cartoon character drooled all over the buxom tavern wenches...I must have missed the man crush.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 07:15:48 PM »
Mucking with the heads of our kids, part of the effort to normalize pretty much everything.

Ah, that word the Left keeps using about Trump. They do more projecting than Uncle Henry after his vacation in Albuquerque.

I'm really surprised to see this much discussion of it now, since TV has spent at least the past 5 (or 10?) years making sure there are fabulous homosexuals at every turn of the dial.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 07:25:26 PM »
I have bigger things to worry about than a character that was pretty fruity in the cartoon version just being said is gay. It's not like a gratuitous anal pounding scene to drive the point home. I mean *expletive deleted*it the chick is getting all hot and bothered for a *expletive deleted*ing Sasquatch where's the anger over normalizing beastiality?

Seriously, getting all uppity about this is no different than some snot nosed college kid being triggered over reference to someone's gender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 07:31:35 PM »
Seriously, getting all uppity about this is no different than some snot nosed college kid being triggered over reference to someone's gender.

It is considerably different, of course.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 09:27:09 PM »

It is considerably different, of course.
I'm sorry zomg the gayz!!! is a trigger, damn.

When the gay character has a gratuitous anal pounding scene call me. But outrage over this? Ffs.

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 09:47:14 PM »
That's cute, but it hardly justifies your weak attempt at moral equivalence.

lupinus

• friends
Just ... WHY?
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2017, 03:26:55 AM »
What's cute is getting all worked up and in an outrage over a non issue. It's a freaking cartoon character. Zomg the cartoon character is kinda apparently gay. Mind indoctrination of the childrens! Threat to western culture and good ol apple pie!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2017, 04:08:26 PM »
What's cute is getting all worked up and in an outrage over a non issue. It's a freaking cartoon character. Zomg the cartoon character is kinda apparently gay. Mind indoctrination of the childrens! Threat to western culture and good ol apple pie!

Um. There's no denying the indoctrination has been working. Have you not noticed this in the past decade or two? Are you trying to say that the entertainment industry is not engaging in propaganda on this issue? Do you think attitudes about homosexuality have not changed in the past twenty years?

I thought everyone knew these things by now. It's certainly fait accompli.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 04:20:32 PM by fistful »

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2017, 04:55:07 PM »
Fistful, I think the reality is that the majority of Americans under age 40 and perhaps even older have no problem with gay people or see a religious prohibition against them.  Whether you call that propaganda or changing social mores is a question for the individual.  I fully expect that in the years to come, as the older people die off who have issues over the gays, discrimination against gays will increasingly come to be seen as old-fashioned and somewhat embarrassing, just as with old Uncle Fred ranting about black people at Thankgiving.  It certainly is now, in my profession of healthcare.  Let us make a note to revisit this thread in 20 years to see which sociological prediction comes to pass.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 06:07:16 PM »
"the gays"  :rofl:

MillCreek, what I've been noticing over the past few years is the way those moral panic artists that have been laughed to scorn for decades have turned out to be more or less correct. People said stuff like "They got the women wearin' pants now, and pretty soon nobody'll know who's a boy and who's a girl," and now such predictions have come true.  They said, "That Elvis Presley's shaking hisself around on stage, and pretty soon all them kids'll be a-fornicatin' and havin' babies out o' wedlock." Whether or not Elvis is to blame, fornication has been normalized, and illegitimacy rates have soared.* Twenty years ago, lupinus's comments may not have been so obviously ignorant. It was still an open question whether media messaging would sway public opinion. Now, however, that question has been answered, and very publicly.

This isn't to suggest that entertainment media are the only factors at work. Many other institutions have been pushing the same line.

As for the notion that heterosexism is just a form of "discrimination" that will go away, once all the bad old people die; you've got it backwards. One side of the culture war is engaged in a passing fad, but let's not kid ourselves about which one.

*Soared for some demographics more than others, of course.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 06:36:35 PM by fistful »

lupinus

• friends
Just ... WHY?
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2017, 06:37:36 PM »

Um. There's no denying the indoctrination has been working. Have you not noticed this in the past decade or two? Are you trying to say that the entertainment industry is not engaging in propaganda on this issue? Do you think attitudes about homosexuality have not changed in the past twenty years?

I thought everyone knew these things by now. It's certainly fait accompli.
You're absolutely right.

Screw Disney. If you need me I'll be watching cartoons staring a cross dressing rabbit, and incompetent hunter, a half dressed pig, and their assorted friends .

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2017, 07:08:33 PM »
Don't you guys know that the gay way indoctrination people are in league with the cursive matters crowd?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2017, 09:00:25 PM »
You're absolutely right.

Screw Disney. If you need me I'll be watching cartoons staring a cross dressing rabbit, and incompetent hunter, a half dressed pig, and their assorted friends .

Those aren't really comparable.
Also, now I could be wrong, but I believe he wasn't gay in the cartoon. He just really looked up to the Gaston.
Whether you think it's ok or not, I don't think you can deny that they have been pushing it, along with all the other stuff.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2017, 09:23:38 PM »
Fistful, I think the reality is that the majority of Americans under age 40 and perhaps even older have no problem with gay people or see a religious prohibition against them.  Whether you call that propaganda or changing social mores is a question for the individual.  I fully expect that in the years to come, as the older people die off who have issues over the gays, discrimination against gays will increasingly come to be seen as old-fashioned and somewhat embarrassing, ...

But how much of this sea change in attitude has been spontaneous, as opposed to being the result of a program of indoctrination through the schools, the media, and the entertainment industry? Let's face it -- the Bible still says that homosexuality is a sin, the Roman Catholic Church preaches against it, the Anglican Church (as opposed to the Episcopal Church USA) is opposed to it, and so are many Protestant denominations. So, if so many churches are against it, what's driving this generational acceptance if not active indoctrination?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:00:31 PM by Hawkmoon »

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2017, 10:00:03 PM »
But how much of this sea change in attitude has been spontaneous, as opposed to being the result of a program of indoctrination through the schools, the media, and the entertainment industry?

Probably as spontaneous as the changing social attitudes and laws toward concealed carry, as opposed to a program of indoctrination through the NRA.