Author Topic: Dayton, OH--Doolittle Memorial B-25 flyover, April 18 this year  (Read 850 times)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
From a builders list I am on

The Dayton Daily News announced that 17 WW II B-25 medium bombers will be in Dayton to celebrate the 75 anniversary of the Doolittle raid on Tokyo April 18, 1942. The fly over will be at the memorial Park at the National Museum of the Air Force  (Wright Patterson Air Force base) April 18 at 2:30 pm. the plains will be on display 10 am to 4:30 pm April 17 and 9 am to noon April 18. The last remaining member of the Doolittle raid 101 year-old Lt. Col. Richard Cole plans to attend.

article I was able to dig up below:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/25s-will-rumble-over-dayton/HEGRZj2kjtTXMdFngnlAXP/
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Re: Dayton, OH--Doolittle Memorial B-25 flyover, April 18 this year
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 11:31:31 PM »
They sure do rumble.  One flew low over Denver a couple of years ago, quite close (presumably legally) to the ground near Union Station.  RRRRUMMMMMBLLLLLE.  I was struck with how slow the thing seemed to be, just sort of floating by near Union Station.

On occasion, they have one flying tours out of Jeffco Airport (or whatever the new name is) during air shows and when I hear it, I leap off my couch and hobble to the balcony to see it.  Same thing, rumble-wise, and it seems like it takes a long time to fly its own length. Must be some kind of optical illusion due to the fuselage thickness or something.

Terry, 230RN

ETA:  Sort of like this at 3:57, coming off the deck of the carrier.  Of course, the carrier is moving in the frame, too, but that' what it looked like to me.

https://youtu.be/M-uSs0AagBc

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 07:10:10 AM by 230RN »