Author Topic: Any MS publisher gurus around?  (Read 864 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Any MS publisher gurus around?
« on: March 23, 2017, 09:13:15 AM »
I want to format an email newsletter where I can just paste content into an email and send it.  Doable with publisher?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Any MS publisher gurus around?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 09:15:16 AM »
Who are you using for an email service provider?  Most mailing-list oriented solutions have configurable templates built in.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 09:18:42 AM »
Who are you using for an email service provider?  Most mailing-list oriented solutions have configurable templates built in.

Haven't decided yet.
I was looking at aweber.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 09:21:56 AM »
Haven't decided yet.
I was looking at aweber.

Aaand I just looked at how Aweber works I can use their site to create the newsletter.  So I really just need the content in word for cut and paste.  It makes sense now lol
JD

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 09:28:30 AM »
I want to format an email newsletter where I can just paste content into an email and send it.  Doable with publisher?

Yes you can, but looks like you've already found a more workable solution.

Also, be advised that mass-emailing from a personal/business email address can get you put on spam lists. I was hit with that during my active real estate years. I suddenly began getting notices from friends and family that they weren't getting my emails. Turns out my practice of sending past-client quarterly reminders as a single mass email triggered some algorithm that put me on a spam-service blacklist. Took me forever to to get my damn off the damnable thing.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 09:36:13 AM »
Also, be advised that mass-emailing from a personal/business email address can get you put on spam lists.
Yep.  One nice thing about using a dedicated service provider is that you can send out emails on behalf of your organization while letting the service provider handle spam sender lists.  Typically, one requirement of using any such provider is to ensure your list is 100% opt-in.  They'll tolerate a little bit of complaining (people often forget what they've signed up for) but too much will get your account canceled.  Something else to keep in mind.
Took me forever to to get my damn off the damnable thing.
Brad, glad you were able to get your damn taken off eventually.

Hey, quote worked that time.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 10:19:45 AM »
Brad, glad you were able to get your damn taken off eventually.

Doh! :facepalm:

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 11:29:08 AM »
Yes you can, but looks like you've already found a more workable solution.

Also, be advised that mass-emailing from a personal/business email address can get you put on spam lists. I was hit with that during my active real estate years. I suddenly began getting notices from friends and family that they weren't getting my emails. Turns out my practice of sending past-client quarterly reminders as a single mass email triggered some algorithm that put me on a spam-service blacklist. Took me forever to to get my damn off the damnable thing.

Brad

Yup I intend to use aweber as an emailer/autoresponder as well. 
JD