Author Topic: Labeouf will not divide us.  (Read 6118 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Labeouf will not divide us.
« on: March 23, 2017, 06:51:17 PM »
After weirdy-beardy man Shia Labeouf was arrested for assault, and his anti-Trump He Will Not Divide Us "installation" taken down, I lost track of it, as I suspect most people did. But not 4chan. I have supplied a number of links in which you may follow the anti-Trump monument's* epic journey from Queens, NY; to Albuquerque, NM; to a deep, dark hole in Tennessee; to Liverpool, Blighty. At every step it was trolled and shut down.  :rofl:

Highlights:

The stream’s founder,  Transformers star LaBeouf, had intended for the exhibit to last the full term of Donald Trump’s presidency.

The message board 4chan caught wind of the livestream and soon their best and brightest provocateurs began appearing on camera. At first they came specifically to mess with LaBeouf personally. Some would come up to him and hold Pepe signs or yell neo-Nazi slogans to provoke a reaction. LaBeouf eventually snapped on multiple occasions, and was inevitably arrested after hitting a guy who yelled “Hitler did nothing wrong.”

At the end of the night, however, police kicked everyone off the lot and installed a barrier. People were only permitted to go in front of the camera in groups of five and then leave. Some on 4chan joked the museum had built a wall and instituted “extreme vetting.”

The stream had to be moved from a museum in Queens to Albuquerque, New Mexico, following an escalation of “white supremacist” activity. Then gunshots drove the stream out of Albuquerque.

The stream was finally moved to an undisclosed location by Labeouf and the two other artists, Rönko and Turner, who intended to stay there for the duration of Trump’s presidency. The stream was pointed upwards to the sky to a flag that said “He Will Not Divide Us.”

The search began on March 8 and was immediately narrowed when Labeouf was spotted on social media at a diner in Greenville, Tennessee, although some in the thread still believed the flag was in the Great Lakes area due to wind patterns. The time of the sunset in Greenville matched with the time of sunset on the stream, and so did the weather on local weather reports.

4channers began looking into flight patterns. One of the few clues available on the stream were the contrails left by airplanes. Greenville was finally confirmed as the location after two planes observed on online flight radars intersected over the town and were seen on the stream.

Finally when three planes flew over the area, 4channers were able to triangulate an approximate location of the flag.

This area was too large to search unfortunately. The 4channers began looking to the stars, using ancient astronomy to help map the direction of the camera and pinpoint a more precise location.

The trail led into a field on private property next to some poor soul’s house. Tennessee based 4channers were standing by to capture the flag. After scoping out the area for hours they finally made a move. The anonymous group stole the “He Will Not Divide Us” flag and replaced it with a Trump “Make America Great Again” hat and a Pepe the Frog t-shirt. The flag pole was left barren on the stream all morning, until Labeouf and co. finally turned the stream completely off in utter defeat.

“Events have shown that America is simply not safe enough for this artwork to exist,” wrote Shia Labeouf, Luke Turner and Nastja Rönko, the artists behind the fraught and embattled “He Will Not Divide Us” in a press release.

That’s the reason the art project meant to protest a sitting American president will be moved to Liverpool in the UK.

Once again the artists claim this will be the home of the stream for the remaining four years of Trump’s presidency. This is the fourth time they made such a claim. Your move 4chan and 8chan.

For the fourth time, Shia Labeouf and co. claimed the “He Will Not Divide Us” stream had found a permanent home—and for the fourth time they were proved wrong.

The Liverpool, UK, location for the protest livestream has been compromised, with members of 4chan’s /pol/ board scaling the roof of the FACT center and attempting to tear down the flag.

Three guys were able to get on the roof from another building and made their way across to the arts center. They complained that the flag was heavily zip tied to the pole and could not take be taken down without scissors.

Police have been spotted at the scene of the FACT center. They were called when FACT spotted the trespassers. The police advised the art center to remove the flag and shut off the stream.

https://heatst.com/tech/the-rise-and-fall-of-shia-labeoufs-he-will-not-divide-us-livestream/

https://heatst.com/tech/he-will-not-divide-us-livestream-placed-in-middle-of-nowhere-but-4chan-still-found-way-to-troll-it/

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/treason-he-will-not-divide-us-stream-moves-to-liverpool-uk/

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/trolls-tear-down-he-will-not-divide-us-liverpool-flag-after-just-one-day/

I hope he moves it to North Korea.

*If you can call it a monument when it's being moved this often. It's more of a Sisterhood of the Traveling Camera, at this point.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Labeouf will not divide us.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 07:01:18 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 07:02:11 PM »
 :rofl:

My only nit to pick was that if those Ukers were in a free country, they wouldn't have been hunting for scissors. They would have simply whipped out their knife or multitool and taken care of things. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 07:29:15 PM »

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 07:54:50 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh man...  He's gotta be having a serious conniption about it by now....

Because he has to know that now, it's no longer about politics.  4chan/8chan is doing it for the lulz....

And they will never. stop. until *they* get bored.

One of the other posts I read about it was basically calling it weaponized autism.

And as long as he keeps trying to beat them, they won't get bored.   And they won't stop.

And I'll be laughing at his sorry rants and raves.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 08:41:06 PM »
And here I thought you were talking about the Texas Ranger from True Grit...

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 09:03:09 PM »
And here I thought you were talking about the Texas Ranger from True Grit...

At least that LaBeouf was good for something.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 09:08:27 PM »
At least that LaBeouf was good for something.

Eh, I fancy him a nincompoop.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 09:09:35 PM »
Eh, I fancy him a nincompoop.

Bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.
                         - Barack Obama

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 09:20:48 PM »
A little earlier I gave some thought to stealin' a kiss from you, although you are very young... and you're unattractive to boot. But now I'm of a mind to give you five or six good licks with my belt.

:laugh:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 10:56:33 PM »
And we have engaged full thread veer.  =D

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 11:30:25 PM »
And we have engaged full thread veer.  =D

He will not veer us. He will not veer us. He will not veer us. He will not veer us.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 06:45:18 PM »
How did Greenville, TN get involved in this?  Seems like a very small, random choice.  What am I missing? 

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 08:55:50 PM »
How did Greenville, TN get involved in this?  Seems like a very small, random choice.  What am I missing?  

Presumably, small and random is the kind of place they wanted. They were trying to hide the stupid thing. Didn't work!  :laugh:

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 10:58:57 PM »

Presumably, small and random is the kind of place they wanted. They were trying to hide the stupid thing. Didn't work!  :laugh:

Read thru all the links, now I have the lulz! 

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 07:46:48 AM »
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 09:05:38 PM »
That's gotta suck when your new movie sells one ticket.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/shia-labeouf-man-down-box-office-1202022472/
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 10:22:16 PM »
"I hope he moves it to North Korea."

I don't even know what the protocol for winning your own thread on the first post is,  but I think you've manged it...   That would be epic.

And then his dumb ass would be stuck there until 2028,  assuming a Dem defeated whoever succeeds Pence.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 02:22:04 PM »
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2017, 10:38:41 PM »
Another run-down of the HWNDU saga:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/he-will-not-divide-us

Also includes the gif of the guy brandishing a gun, apparently meant to intimidate Trump supporters.  :rofl:

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2017, 09:28:08 AM »
In today's episode of "psychotic actor yells at frogs": http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/04/06/shia-labeouf-bowling-alley-confrontation-racist-drunk/

=D =D

Mr. Lebouf needs an intervention.

He's giving the trolls EVERYTHING they want, and I seriously doubt he's enough of an actor to be secretly egging them on.

If he'd have laughed about it and joined in on the fun, they'd leave him alone, because that's no fun to trolls.

Of course, given his original premise (Trump is the one dividing us?), his sanity is in question, anyway.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2017, 12:37:07 PM »
After a week, he's managed to triple his ticket sales from the opening weekend:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/04/06/shia-labeoufs-man-down-sells-3-tickets-in-uk-release.html
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2017, 02:09:42 AM »
I wonder if he is in the least bit aware that his attempt at non-divisiveness has generated more divisiveness than Trump ever dreamed of.

Unlikely.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design