Author Topic: Gorsuch Values the Law, So I Won't Vote for Him  (Read 1727 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Gorsuch Values the Law, So I Won't Vote for Him
« on: March 24, 2017, 12:41:47 PM »
So says Kamala Harris, basically:

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/03/24/ummm-wat-kamala-harris-says-she-will-not-vote-for-gorsuch-because-he-values-legalisms/

I was really mad that the only choices for Senator in CA last November were democrats, but now I'm kinda glad she got elected. She was able to breeze through life here in CA as a liberal AG (and being a former AG makes her stance here even stupider). From what I've seen over the last few months, she has been acting like she's "all that" versus being a junior senator, and has been constantly beclowning herself projecting CA standards to a national audience.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: Gorsuch Values the Law, So I Won't Vote for Him
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 09:25:56 AM »
I had NPR on in the background at work this week, and I listened to quite a bit of the confirmation hearings.  Gorsuch presented himself so well that any opposition will reveal itself to be purely partisan.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 10:04:00 AM »
I had NPR on in the background at work this week, and I listened to quite a bit of the confirmation hearings.  Gorsuch presented himself so well that any opposition will reveal itself to be purely partisan.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 10:08:58 AM »
I had NPR on in the background at work this week, and I listened to quite a bit of the confirmation hearings.  Gorsuch presented himself so well that any opposition will reveal itself to be purely partisan.

I was listening as well, and I would vote for the guy in a heartbeat, speaking as a social moderate/fiscal conservative.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 10:53:38 AM »
speaking as a social moderate/fiscal conservative.

Is that a euphemism for "a hippie who's a tightwad"?   =D =D

As fistful's post points out, lots of Ds had no problem with him before, and as I have mentioned in another thread from watching the hearings, the guy is sharp as a tack, comes off as even-keeled and logical, and made half his dem inquisitors look like the 2nd string of the junior high debate team and the other half look like arrogant, ignorant clowns.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 11:00:40 AM »
I'm worried about some "Republicans" to come out against him, and cite "Democrats don't like him" as a reason . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 11:44:29 AM »

As fistful's post points out, lots of Ds had no problem with him before, and as I have mentioned in another thread from watching the hearings, the guy is sharp as a tack, comes off as even-keeled and logical, and made half his dem inquisitors look like the 2nd string of the junior high debate team and the other half look like arrogant, ignorant clowns.

My favorite part of what I've seen so far is Al Franken's face when he says, "This is, like, in the Constitution."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqdw9h6cD6U&feature=youtu.be&t=3m30s   :laugh:

Why I find much more hypocritical than their prior votes for Gorsuch is the way the Democrats have so unapologetically adopted  "obstructionism" (in scare quotes) which about three months ago was evil and racist. When it comes to a supreme court pick, maybe they could explain it as a tit for tat for Garland. But they've committed themselves to blocking everything Trump might do.

It's also funny that they keep talking about "the way Merrick Garland was treated," as if the Senate had somehow been unfair to him.  :laugh:  Yeah, Democrats, it was his turn, and that seat belonged to him. Riiiiiight. I guess the GOP will have to apologize for simply declining to vote on Garland, as soon as Democrats apologize for their character assassination of Gorsuch, Bork, and pretty much everyone who's ever disagreed with them on anything.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 11:49:52 AM »

It's also funny that they keep talking about "the way Merrick Garland was treated," as if the Senate had somehow been unfair to him.  :laugh: 

As I have also mentioned previously, dems have only to look to themselves on that. They set that precedent with the "Biden Rule". Some of my greatest schadenfreude has come from their own tactics now backfiring against them. The hubris of thinking we would be under dem rule in perpetuity.

Of course Rs can do this to themselves as well, I'm just hoping they don't. I give the stupid party a 50/50 chance.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 01:06:34 PM »
if they fubar national reciprocity?
that's it!
I will quit voting R and have to make do with living in AZ or some other gun friendly place and never leaving
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 10:11:43 AM »

And what's wrong with that?  =)

Leave people the *expletive deleted*ck alone as long as they aren't hurting others.  I'm pissed the republicans right now(mostly at the state level) for screwing around with birth certificates, bathrooms, and otherwise wasting their time(which the taxpayers are paying for) and money (because this *expletive deleted*it generates lawsuits) to make problems from non-problems. 

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Gorsuch Values the Law, So I Won't Vote for Him
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 11:10:06 AM »
And what's wrong with that?  =)

Leave people the *expletive deleted*ck alone as long as they aren't hurting others.  I'm pissed the republicans right now(mostly at the state level) for screwing around with birth certificates, bathrooms, and otherwise wasting their time(which the taxpayers are paying for) and money (because this *expletive deleted*it generates lawsuits) to make problems from non-problems. 
Yes,  those cursed social conservatives in Charlotte requiring all businesses to cater to their morality. 

It's Republicans picking all these fights.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend
Re: Re: Gorsuch Values the Law, So I Won't Vote for Him
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 01:28:01 PM »
Yes,  those cursed social conservatives in Charlotte requiring all businesses to cater to their morality. 

It's Republicans picking all these fights.

I know, right?

Firethorn, so long as social radicals (well, anti-social radicals) of whatever party keep attacking Americans, Americans will try to defend themselves. Maybe you should be more concerned about those provoking all of this.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 11:14:05 PM »
Liberal radicals seem to be bent on destroying or confusing every social convention in the country.  Yet conservatives are blamed for reacting to that?  I think I see a problem here and it isn't with conservatives.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge