Author Topic: Gun Free Zone foils another crime  (Read 1352 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Gun Free Zone foils another crime
« on: March 24, 2017, 12:55:45 PM »
Link to story:
Post-Disgrace

In this episode, a man was shot in the head just outside the gun-free, perfectly safe, light-rail train, in Saint Louis. See, guns are banned on the Metro-Link, because there are too many poor, black people on those trains, and Democrats are totally freaked out that some of those people might be allowed to have guns it's too crowded, and somebody might shoot somebody accidentally. Yeah, that's a good excuse; we'll go with that.

As you can see, that worked out perfectly this past Sunday:

The events that led to the shooting of Mac Payne began after a man, 51, and his 29-year-old son boarded a westbound train in Belleville shortly before 10:30 p.m. Four males and two females who appeared to know one another boarded in East St. Louis, police said.

The group wanted the man and his son to give them money, St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson said at the crime scene. About the time the train arrived at the Stadium station at 400 South Eighth Street shortly before 11 p.m., the son reached to give them $5. Someone grabbed the money from the son and began pistol-whipping him in the face.

The gun apparently went off during a struggle between the group and the son, and the bullet went through a train window, hitting the victim, who had just exited the train.

So a criminal flouted the law (who could have guessed?!), and someone was accidentally (criminally) shot.

Now this was right outside of that baseball stadium where only police may have firearms, and not far from the spot where a man was shot and left paralyzed by a criminal, after leaving a totally safe, gun-free baseball game.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 04:29:33 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Gun Free Zone foils another crime
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 05:58:45 PM »
See, if the assailant had just followed the four basic rules while pistol-whipping his victim, this never would have happened. There's an obvious need to require all gangstas to take the NRA Basic Pistol class, or at least the NRA First Steps or Home Firearms Safety class.

"Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target and you're ready to shoot."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 07:35:51 AM »
From the article:

The group wanted the man and his son to give them money,

That way makes it sound so nice and reasonable, sort of like a democracy.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 08:36:44 AM »
From the article:

That way makes it sound so nice and reasonable, sort of like a democracy.

I think the writer was trying to say that it started out as pan-handling.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 10:56:35 AM »

I think the writer was trying to say that it started out as pan-handling.

I think the writer would like their readers to think that.  I'm not convinced that's the reality of what happened.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 01:21:07 PM »
I think the writer would like their readers to think that.  I'm not convinced that's the reality of what happened.

It's not very clear, but if they wanted us to be sympathetic to the "panhandler," they ruined it by immediately saying that the innocent panhandler was armed, and struck one of the victims without warning.

The way they constantly "update" (correct) news articles, though, it's impossible to tell who originally said what, and what their angle might have been. Maybe they at first didn't know who hit whom, or who had the gun, and they wanted to give the "panhandler" the benefit of the doubt. But then the facts came out.

Hard to tell.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 09:17:31 PM »
A panhandler is a guy with yellow skin (liver disease) yellow eyes (liver disease), cradling a wine bottle in his arm who asks you for $2.00.

An felonious criminal robber is a group of people who surround you and demand your money.

When I went to the gun free hockey games, I carried an LCP in my pocket.  When I went back to the car in the gun free multi decked, dark municipal parking lot, I carried my LCP in my hand.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 10:08:47 AM »
This one's a little more straight-forward.

http://fox2now.com/2017/03/24/suspect-in-custody-for-metrolink-shooting-dotson-says/

A group of four young men and two young women accosted a 51-year-old man and his 29-year-old son, asking for money. The 29-year-old victim gave the group $5, prompting the suspects to ask for more money. When the man and his son didn’t give the group more money, one of the suspects took out a handgun and began pistol-whipping the 29-year-old.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 10:22:35 AM »
"When I went to the gun free hockey games, I carried an LCP in my pocket.  When I went back to the car in the gun free multi decked, dark municipal parking lot, I carried my LCP in my hand."

And that makes you worse than Hitler.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 10:55:18 AM »
And that makes you worse than Hitler.

So, on par with Donald Trump?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 02:06:54 PM »
I want another P3AT...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!