Author Topic: my job has "forgotten" to pay me this week. ( farm labor, Arizona )  (Read 596 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
i was going to work sat because i got rent coming up but without a paycheck i can't buy food.
W/O food, i can't work ( farm labor) the paychecks arrive by UPS, which arrives at the end of the day so no way am i going to gamble
on it being there so will skip work monday too, which , not havin real food ( i got some cans of salmon, some eggs  but I eat meat in the morning to get the energy i need ) .

the supervisor is not answering his phone, the foreman, a mexican , lives on the farm and shrugs his shoulders but can't really communicate with me -
anyone have an idea what the process is in Arizona to get paid?

I have no idea what to do if the check isn't there monday afternoon.

getting a new job, of course, but i had already gotten time off approved to go see my mom who is in failing health in the hospital in florida - but the next couple weeks of work was going to part of those funds too.
 :'(
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: my job has "forgotten" to pay me this week. ( farm labor, Arizona )
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 05:06:00 PM »
Each state has laws regarding pay and when it needs to happen.  IIRC, here in Illinois if paychecks fail to arrive in a timely manner, they have to give you partial payment in cash (or a check, I disremember) of at least half.   However, that's after 3 days without pay.  So if you were due to be paid Friday, they have until the following Wednesday to at least get you a partial payment.   But that was back in the early 1990's that I remember reading that.

If the checks come via UPS, then they should be there Monday.  I take it the farm is using a payroll service like ADP or Equifax ?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: my job has "forgotten" to pay me this week. ( farm labor, Arizona )
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 09:55:50 PM »
Each state has laws regarding pay and when it needs to happen.  IIRC, here in Illinois if paychecks fail to arrive in a timely manner, they have to give you partial payment in cash (or a check, I disremember) of at least half.   However, that's after 3 days without pay.  So if you were due to be paid Friday, they have until the following Wednesday to at least get you a partial payment.   But that was back in the early 1990's that I remember reading that.

If the checks come via UPS, then they should be there Monday.  I take it the farm is using a payroll service like ADP or Equifax ?

they finally paid me on tuesday, i worked wednessday  ( start of the work week ) but really didn't feel like it .
My tax return coming in tomorrow so i will call in to go get it and use the remaing days of the month to clean up the rv i am renting and find the next dump.
I am going to bite the bullet / use the money to go visit my mom one last time, she had something called "silent aspiration" a very close call.
two falls.
My sister said on a 1 to ten scale of close to death she is "9.5"  she lives in florida and is monitering the situation
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."