Author Topic: The "I carry a 1911" Starterpack  (Read 8755 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The "I carry a 1911" Starterpack
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2017, 10:08:30 AM »
Since revolvers were brought up.....

I have a S&W 625 and a Ruger GP100 match champion in 357 that I need holsters for.  I am not quite sure where to start looking.  I thinking of something like an OWB holster that a shirt could still hang over.  Essentially something good for IDPA would work.  Any thoughts on better brands to look at?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2017, 10:44:29 AM »
Well, the 625 is an N frame, so you'd need a holster for that model and for whatever barrel length it is.

Galco, Bianchi, Don Hume and Safariland are probably the most common and all are well thought of holsters.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2017, 12:40:40 PM »
I had an N Frame holster made by this guy and am very happy with it. Although there are a lot of good bulk holster makers out there I liked working with him because he was able to make some minor adjustments when he built it.

bob

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2017, 07:19:26 PM »
I had a devil of a time finding an off the shelf holster for a small LaserGuard-ed auto.  The gun came with a "skeletonized" holster, which did not have room for the laser sight. I hated that holster even without the laser anyhow since you needed a fork lift to draw the danged gun. Timing-wise, it was almost like trying to draw a gun from a locked case.

A local gun/reloading shop around here has a "box o' holsters" and I even rooted through that with no joy.

I finally broke down and just got an el-cheapo nylon (Ewww!) Blackhawk for it for a completely different gun as a temporary rig two years ago. Two, count 'em, (2) years ago.  Temporary, you say?

I'm toying with the idea of getting one of those "Sneaky Pete" holsters, which look like they're indifferent to having a LaserGuard attached to the gun and can be worn in full view of the proletariat.

My Tacticool score around here is about 0.50 out of 10.0.

Gun.
Have.
Goes bang.

That's about it.

Terry

REF:
http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 07:42:34 PM by 230RN »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2017, 08:37:22 PM »
I have had that issue as well.  Some of the main IWB holster makers seem to have few attachment options especially for guns that are not as common.  Crimson Trace as a holster guide on their site that can give you companies to try.  I have a Swaprig holster for my XD 45 mod 2 with laser.  It is similar to the Crossbreed design though not the same.  I never looked at their OWB style holsters. 

I have never noticed anyone carrying a SneakyPete holster.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2017, 10:09:03 PM »
^ LOLs  You're obviously one of the proles.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2017, 10:30:36 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2017, 12:07:40 AM »
Don't dogs just know the 1911 is the alpha?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife