Author Topic: Honda/Toyota engine oil  (Read 3642 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Honda/Toyota engine oil
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2017, 05:39:27 PM »
I just got an email from NAPA (they've apparently been spying on me since I ordered a tractor battery online a few months ago.)  They have their private label 0W-20 synthetic oil for $3.49 per quart.  That's cheaper than buying 4 or 5 quart jugs at Walmart.

ETA: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NO_75540

IIRC, NAPA has good filters too, made by Wix.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2017, 06:09:09 PM »
Seems to me that were I stopped for a dealer plate frame and ticketed, I'd be stopping by the dealer with said ticket in hand, expecting them to cover it.

Been done repeatedly, with about a ~30% success rate from what I've heard.

If it goes to court, pretty much a zero success rate, as the judge will tell you that you're responsible for making sure a vehicle under your control is in compliance with the law.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2017, 08:45:14 AM »
Been done repeatedly, with about a ~30% success rate from what I've heard.

If it goes to court, pretty much a zero success rate, as the judge will tell you that you're responsible for making sure a vehicle under your control is in compliance with the law.

I can see that, but I can also see the argument that the dealer is responsible for selling a car that complies with existing law and you might have a pretty good shot if you took them to small claims court.

Unless you purchased it As Is.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.