Author Topic: USPS Cares!  (Read 2000 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
USPS Cares!
« on: April 19, 2017, 06:47:57 PM »
They titled the packaging "We Care", but does anyone else think the post office just told me, "We destroyed your package, tough *expletive deleted*it"?

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: USPS Cares!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 07:00:59 PM »
What was in the package?  Moccasins?  Det Cord? Corn bread?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 07:02:20 PM »
This is what they meant to put on the parcel:

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 07:10:21 PM »
What was in the package?  Moccasins?  Det Cord? Corn bread?

Infuriatingly, a kilo of powdered Jager Sosse (hunter's sauce) from Germany that had been in transit for a month. I can get it in the US, but a tiny little 4oz packet costs nearly as much as the kilo container, which was completely destroyed and had almost none of the powder left in it. What was in the outer packaging I just threw away since I have no idea what kind of contamination it picked up.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 08:00:10 PM »
Is that like Demi Glace?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 08:59:07 PM »
Is that like Demi Glace?

Not sure. I didn't know what demi glace was and had to look it up. It might be a little thinner than jager sauce, which is more gravy-like.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 09:22:30 PM »
Not sure. I didn't know what demi glace was

And I thought you were a civilized man.

The two sauces sound like they achieve similar results through different means.  Both add umami; the demi uses bone marrow and the hunter uses mushrooms.  I need a taste-off to declare a winner.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 12:16:59 AM »
Go to your local post office and talk to the postmaster.  Ask him what the hell he's going to do about it.  (then you'll have your answer about whether it just means "tough *expletive deleted*it")
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 06:09:26 AM »
It does mean "tough *expletive deleted*it." Although the postal service acknowledges that they broke it, they won't pay for it unless it was insured.

And they wonder why people use other shippers whenever possible ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 08:38:18 AM »
It does mean "tough *expletive deleted*it." Although the postal service acknowledges that they broke it, they won't pay for it unless it was insured.

And they wonder why people use other shippers whenever possible ...
Do UPS and FedEx pay out reliably if they screw up?  Even if insured?

We shipped a PSV valve (50 bls) wrapped in plastic on a wooden pallet to Arkansas.  I can't remember if it was Fedex or UPS, but they lost it at their depot near the destination.  I have no idea if we got paid for it.  Cost us some money regardless. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 08:49:29 AM »
I was the logistics manager for the automotive parts warehouse I worked for and would have to deal with claims with shipping companies all the time.  One instance w/ UPS sticks out where a customer never got their product and UPS stated it had been damaged and they "destroyed" what was left.  I filed a claim and they denied it initially but I challenged it.  They stated it was denied due to insufficient packaging.  I asked for the product to be returned and they said they destroyed it.  I then stated I was filing a theft claim since it wasn't theirs to destroy.  I got our money.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 08:50:08 AM »
Contact the shipper and complain about their lousy packaging.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 10:16:08 AM »

We shipped a PSV valve (50 bls) wrapped in plastic on a wooden pallet to Arkansas.  I can't remember if it was Fedex or UPS, but they lost it at their depot near the destination.  I have no idea if we got paid for it.  Cost us some money regardless. 

I have a pallet of plotter paper that was lost by FedEx for a couple of weeks.  I don't know how you can loose 900 pounds of paper on a pallet but evidently you can.  I called the vendor and they shipped out a new pallet which I got the next day and then a couple of weeks later a FedEx truck shows up with the original shipment.  =|
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 10:40:47 AM »
I put in a temporary mail forwarding request to my PO when we went to KW for the winter.  I usually use their deluxe forward system where they hold our mail for a week at our local PO and then they put it in a Priority Mail envelope sent to us at the end of the week.  That service now costs $17.00 a week, plus a $25.00 application fee.  We are gone for 16 weeks.  Do the math. 

So...I decided to just have it forwarded to one of our son's house while we are gone.  The net result is that we only got about half of our mail sent to them, none of the magazines we get and no bank, credit union or credit card mailings .  The other half was either sent back to sender or never showed up.  The mail that showed up usually took 16 to 18 days after the postmark for it to arrive at son's house.  When I talked to the PO they said that when they got our mail at their location, it got sent back to the main PO in nearby Grand Rapids who then sent it across the state to Detroit where it was sorted for the temporary address, then sent back to the main PO in Grand Rapids who then sent it to the temporary forwarding address in Grand Rapids.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 11:43:31 AM »

Like a lot of companies, they'll try not to, but if you make it clear you're going to be a pain, they will.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 01:59:36 PM »
I've had more problems with UPS. Some with FedEx, but USPS has been the best.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »
When I talked to the PO they said that when they got our mail at their location, it got sent back to the main PO in nearby Grand Rapids who then sent it across the state to Detroit where it was sorted for the temporary address, then sent back to the main PO in Grand Rapids who then sent it to the temporary forwarding address in Grand Rapids.

I'll take Ideas thought up by Unionized Government Employees for $800, Alex!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 11:33:20 PM »
i worked for On-Trac, the low wage competition of UPS.
things get destroyed because the conveyor belt gets overloaded.
you have to be able to kick and jump on your package in order for it to survive the machines
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 07:31:47 AM »
I tried to ship a bottle of homemade wine and a bottle of homemade slivovice (plum brandy) to myself from Prague to Connecticut after the airline refused to let me take them. It did not end well.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 08:19:30 AM »
When I was married to my first wife, her brother-in-law worked for the USPS. He cheerfully told us that postal workers regarded packages marked "FRAGILE" as a challenge -- to see who could drop kick it the farthest.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design