Author Topic: Springfield XDe  (Read 4540 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Springfield XDe
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2017, 08:17:05 AM »
I was responding to those who said they don't see the appeal of a single-stack 9.

On second look, the same guy made both comments.

I see the appeal of a single stack nine.  Just not that one (the XDE), for me.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2017, 10:56:17 AM »
I was not all that enthused about the Glock single stack 9mm.  I thought the 380 version was a better concealed carry option. 

I finally got a Glock 19 a couple months ago and started carrying it.  IMO, many of these single stack 9mm pistols are slimmer than the 19, but not significantly smaller or much lighter.  I don't want to give up 15+1 capacity for just a little bit of width reduction. 

What cordex mentioned about the price is relevant.  With the Shield pricing and rebates lately, there is no reason to buy the others unless you just really want them. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Grebnaws

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2017, 07:09:06 PM »
I've been very happy with my XDs and never felt compelled to replace it, but now that the XDe is out I would be fairly enthusiastic about an XDs featuring the heretofore Mod. 2 "GRIP ZONE" technology. My DA/SA carry fix was meant to be satisfied with a CZ PCR. Truth be told, it isn't the life changing pistol I dreamt it would be, although it is remarkably slim for a double stack with VZ grips installed.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2017, 09:36:43 PM »
I was responding to those who said they don't see the appeal of a single-stack 9.

On second look, the same guy made both comments.

I think I also had Mr. Strange's comments in the back of my noggin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j1vGfxYNu8

He said the same thing MechAg just said about there not being enough of a size difference between the double and single-stack subcompacts.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 12:04:44 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife