Author Topic: Things Republicans and their friends aren't allowed to do.  (Read 2101 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-attorney-michael-cohen-tweets-photo-of-his-college-aged-daughter-in-lingerie/ar-BBB8xp7?OCID=ansmsnnews11

I'm not defending the jerk, but we know big media would defend any Democratic figure who did this. Anyone who questioned his judgment would be flayed alive for "slut-shaming."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
Re: Things Republicans and their friends aren't allowed to do.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 12:15:38 AM »
For *expletive deleted*ck's sake.  I'm beginning to think we are going to need to live up to our forum name to get a little civil discourse.  There's nothing wrong with that picture, and attacking it, the young lady posing, and her father because you dislike his employer is boorish, and really ought to be answered with a decent slap across the face.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 12:19:16 AM »
That's "lingerie?"  Looks like an exercise outfit to me.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 05:14:17 AM »
For *expletive deleted*ck's sake.  I'm beginning to think we are going to need to live up to our forum name to get a little civil discourse.  There's nothing wrong with that picture, and attacking it, the young lady posing, and her father because you dislike his employer is boorish, and really ought to be answered with a decent slap across the face.

I see racier photos in the Victoria's Secret catalog.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 07:04:54 AM »
I've seen racier photos in a J. C. Penny advertisement.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 07:58:42 AM »
I'm going to go with I think it's a little weird. That doesn't mean he did anything wrong, it's supposed to be an artsy thing and I'm sure he is proud of his daughter; but I can't imagine if I was a father that I would post such a thing. Then again there is a reason I don't really use Social Media at all either.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 09:22:05 AM »
I don't even think he picked that particular photo. It probably just picked one at random, the most recent, one she used as her avatar, or whatever off the Instagram account as the thumbnail when he linked to it.
I promise not to duck.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 12:05:02 PM »
That's "lingerie?"  Looks like an exercise outfit to me.

Sort of what I was thinking.  Living right down the street from a college, I always look forward to the first day of sports-bra-and-tight-short-shorts weather.  I see more of complete strangers all summer long than what she's showing.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 12:07:38 PM »
I don[t find the picture or the posting of it "creepy".

Sort of what I was thinking.  Living right down the street from a college, I always look forward to the first day of sports-bra-and-tight-short-shorts weather.

I do find this creepy...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 12:10:51 PM »
I do find this creepy...

At least I remember to manscape before putting on the short shorts, unlike fistful.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 02:30:21 PM »
That's not some random instagram photo. She's clearly posing for someone (aspiring photographer she attends collage with perhaps?)

Now, I don't know about you, but if my kid was the star of a piece of art, yeah, I can see posting it, even if it's a little "racey" (especially given the daughter is an adult)

"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 02:35:13 PM »
. . . I'm not defending the jerk, but we know big media would defend any Democratic figure who did this . . . 
That's because a Democratic figure would be more likely to tweet a photo of their college-aged son in lingerie . . . which would be downloaded,  printed out, and posted innumerable times in newsrooms across America.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 02:57:06 PM »
That's not some random instagram photo. She's clearly posing for someone (aspiring photographer she attends collage with perhaps?)

Without looking at her Instagram, if she's into modeling and/or photography, that may be all or most of what she posts there, and as such, the sort of thing a random pick would likely get.

Now, I don't know about you, but if my kid was the star of a piece of art, yeah, I can see posting it, even if it's a little "racey" (especially given the daughter is an adult)

A former boss had a very tastefully done B&W of his wife breastfeeding one of their twin daughters while holding both of them.  Imagine the offspring of a still from film noir and a neoclassical painting.  Life size.  Over the fireplace.  With a smaller one on his desk at work.  One of the daughters now has the big one.  She and her husband apparently don't think there's anything perverse about having her mom's tits on display in the living room in that context.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 03:04:29 PM »
As said above, looks like a modeling photo of an adult woman meant for publishing somewhere.  Nothing to see here. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 03:13:41 PM »
His daughter actually has a little more meat on her bones than Edie, at least you can't see her ribs.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!