Author Topic: This explains a lot  (Read 908 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
This explains a lot
« on: May 20, 2017, 12:56:47 AM »

URL is self-explanatory:

http://www.businessinsider.com/journalists-brains-function-at-a-lower-level-than-average-2017-5

Journalists' brains show a lower-than-average level of executive functioning, according to a new study, which means they have a below-average ability to regulate their emotions, suppress biases, solve complex problems, switch between tasks, and show creative and flexible thinking.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
Re: This explains a lot
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 09:08:59 AM »
 :laugh:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 09:40:00 AM »
I'm quite certain there are flaws in the study... but since it confirms everything I believe about journalists, I'm just going to accept it uncritically.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 10:54:13 AM »
They should have taken into account the stupidity, or just stubbornness of someone willing to enter into journalism as a field in this day and age.
I promise not to duck.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 04:57:05 PM »
They should have taken into account the stupidity, or just stubbornness of someone willing to enter into journalism as a field in this day and age.

"Journalism" is a perfectly fine and proper profession.
Sadly it hasn't been practiced in at least a generation.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 09:55:48 PM »
I'm quite certain there are flaws in the study... but since it confirms everything I believe about journalists, I'm just going to accept it uncritically.

Stated as a journalist would have.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.