Author Topic: Monika who?  (Read 1063 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Monika who?
« on: May 22, 2017, 09:34:11 PM »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/monica-lewinsky-pens-op-ed-being-target-ailes-fox-news-1006456

Monika Lewinsky apparently thinks all the attention payed to her "relationship" with then-President Bill Clinton was about her.

Don't flatter yourself, lady. Monika Lewinsky, Betty Smith, Barbara Jones -- doesn't matter, the story was about Slick Willy, not you. You were a bit player, a walk-on.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Monika who?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 09:52:15 PM »
Really just a prop, like a humidor on the side of the desk.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

markdido

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 10:29:28 PM »
I think Bill may have accidentally poked a hole in her brain.
Liberals believe that a woman, found raped and strangled with her own pantyhose is morally superior to a women with a dead rapist at her feet and a gun in her hands.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 12:12:09 AM »
Drudge did her a favor, Seth Rich would be alive today if he had the same publicity, 
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 06:50:12 AM »
Just another person hoping to make herself relevant (make money in past "fame") in the current world...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 08:06:43 AM »
Drudge did her a favor, Seth Rich would be alive today if he had the same publicity,  

That's probably very true. Monika is about the only person who ever really crossed the Clinton's who hasn't met with a premature and unfortunate end.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 11:03:47 AM »
That's probably very true. Monika is about the only person who ever really crossed the Clinton's who hasn't met with a premature and unfortunate end.
I don't recall any of the women who claimed harassment or rape ever getting killed.  I thought they just tried to destroy them in other ways.  If they knew Lewinsky still had the blue dress, I am not sure what would have happened. 

I was thinking that Kathleen Willy's husband died not long before all the Lewinsky stuff came out.  I can't remember if that was ever connected. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 11:50:40 AM »
Yet.

I think they have a LONG memory.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 01:04:11 PM »
Yet.

I think they have a LONG memory.

True. And during Hillary's campaign at least one of the women in Bill's past said in an interview that she still fears for her life.

And, back at the time of the Lewinsky affair, the friend (or not) of Monika who took the thing public expressed the view that by doing so she was saving Monika's life.