Author Topic: Bombing at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester  (Read 2980 times)

Frank Castle

• friend
Re: Here we go again
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 09:42:49 PM »
Nothing to see here, its just other terrorist incident.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with Islam.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 09:43:53 PM »
"At least the Brits aren't afraid to label it 'terrorism.'"

Reality is sinking in, slowly percolating through the porous brains of the politically correct.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 09:51:09 PM »
"At least the Brits aren't afraid to label it 'terrorism.'"

Reality is sinking in, slowly percolating through the porous brains of the politically correct.

Who will blame right wingers and anti-immigrant fear mongers for all the violence involuntarily perpetrated by the innocent, peaceloving radical Islamic terrorists.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 10:24:37 PM »
The same Brits who voted for an apologist for mayor? Reality not sinking in fast enough, witness Macron.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Bombing at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 11:23:44 PM »
http://www.npr.org/2017/05/22/529602788/reporter-blast-hit-arena-full-of-young-girls-at-u-s-pop-stars-concert?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=news

At least 19 people dead, 50 injured, police are looking into a suicide bomber using a nail bomb. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Bombing at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 12:09:28 AM »
http://www.npr.org/2017/05/22/529602788/reporter-blast-hit-arena-full-of-young-girls-at-u-s-pop-stars-concert?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=news

At least 19 people dead, 50 injured, police are looking into a suicide bomber using a nail bomb. 

the pictures I have been seeing are all leg wounds , I am betting he lad a backpack and put it on the floor .

Truly a chump, I'm pretty angry - that concert hall was filled with little girls -
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 12:17:07 AM »
I think the fact that the potential victims in this attack were mainly young girls is going to open a lot of people's eyes....   I'm sure there will be the usual "oh, he wasn't really a *muslim* terrorist/he was mentally ill/he was just a lone wolf" apologists, but deliberately targeting children crosses a big line in a lot of people's minds.  I think a lot of those on the fence regarding islam and terrorism will find themselves pretty firmly in one camp or the other.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 01:01:22 AM »
I think the fact that the potential victims in this attack were mainly young girls is going to open a lot of people's eyes....   I'm sure there will be the usual "oh, he wasn't really a *muslim* terrorist/he was mentally ill/he was just a lone wolf" apologists, but deliberately targeting children crosses a big line in a lot of people's minds.  I think a lot of those on the fence regarding islam and terrorism will find themselves pretty firmly in one camp or the other.

horseshit. the usual suspects will be stumbling over themselves to make excuses for the death cult
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 06:27:00 AM »
I think the fact that the potential victims in this attack were mainly young girls is going to open a lot of people's eyes....   I'm sure there will be the usual "oh, he wasn't really a *muslim* terrorist/he was mentally ill/he was just a lone wolf" apologists, but deliberately targeting children crosses a big line in a lot of people's minds.  I think a lot of those on the fence regarding islam and terrorism will find themselves pretty firmly in one camp or the other.
I wouldn't bet the farm in those odds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 06:30:00 AM »
horseshit. the usual suspects will be stumbling over themselves to make excuses for the death cult

Exactly.

Those *expletive deleted*ing savages won't stop until they are dead.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 06:57:11 AM »
Those who seek to defend or justify criminal activity will continue to do so, regardless of the victims.  In cases like this, all that happens is that their defense of the criminal looks all the more foolish to those who see the criminals for what they are...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 08:18:13 AM »

I think the best we can hope for, and it may be a good thing in itself, is that this will further define and clarify the line between those who can clearly see right from wrong, and those who continue to blame the US, the West, capitalism, or whoever and whatever that isn't the actual perpetrator.

People who see this as disgusting will further solidify their view. Apologists, SJWs, etc., will further double down on "Look what the evil US caused!"

It might change some liberal leaning minds in the UK, but it seems this kind of thing will only change minds of the Vox crowd if it happens in their neighborhood. I don't think we have seen any large scale swaying of opinions in the US since 9/11 (and even that was temporary), and I doubt we will again unless (God forbid) there is another large and sudden attack of that scale. Boston, San Bernadino, etc. haven't really changed minds in this country, except perhaps, on the local scale.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2017, 08:29:36 AM »

The point of the majority of terrorists today WANT people to get angry at Islam, to drive a wedge between Islam and everyone else. To kick off a global war, which the fanatics believe they will win. You can imagine their frustration. The point is intentionally to open people's eyes and get everyone angry at all people of the Islamic faith. To declare a crusade against Islam to unify the Islamic world under a Wahabbi/Sunni caliphate.

Instead...

"Our particular view of our religion commands us to do terrible things to you because you're an unbeliever and you need to start a war with us to unite the entire Islamic world!"
- No no. Racism is what causes this. And Islamophobia. Plus colonialism, gluten, poverty and lack of education!
"Hey, I have a degree in mechanical engineering and my family has a pretty prestigious engineering firm! We haven't been owned by any foreign country in a hundred years, and that was the friggin Ottoman Empire!"
- Yep. Racism. They brainwashed you into thinking you have free will and that racism isn't why you're killing children.
"No, you morons, this is jihad! Declare war on me! Oppress me! Strike me down and I will arise a thousand fold! Help us unite Islam with your hatred! My people will enslave you for the rest of eternity!"
- Silly person of color. We pretend you never had slaves and ignore all your current slaves. I'm sure you really would never slave anyone.
"Allah damn it! You turnip brained moron. I. want. to. kill. or. enslave. you. ALL OF YOU. EVERYONE. EVERYWHERE. Especially those annoying Kurds. And Shiites. Don't get me started on the Druze."
- But all persons of color are the same! That's what diversity means. We all believe the exact same thing with no tolerance for anything contrary to our ideology.
"Then why do you put up with my ideology of killing your men, stealing your horses and raping your women? And probably your sheep."
- Because silly, you don't REALLY mean any of that. Despite your draconian conservative ideology, you believe in equality, diversity and coexistence despite everything you say. Racism is to blame for anything bad you do.
"Fine. I'm just going to keep blowing things up until you come to your senses!"

Essentially the war on terrorism in a nutshell.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 09:51:36 AM »
I think the fact that the potential victims in this attack were mainly young girls is going to open a lot of people's eyes....   I'm sure there will be the usual "oh, he wasn't really a *muslim* terrorist/he was mentally ill/he was just a lone wolf" apologists, but deliberately targeting children crosses a big line in a lot of people's minds.  I think a lot of those on the fence regarding islam and terrorism will find themselves pretty firmly in one camp or the other.

I agree with Fitz and Lupinus. The apologists will continue to find excuses, or to pretend that Islamist terrorism is neither Islamist nor terrorism.

Besides, if you think the targeting of children matters to anyone, I have a one-word response: "Beslan."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 11:29:04 AM »
I agree with Fitz and Lupinus. The apologists will continue to find excuses, or to pretend that Islamist terrorism is neither Islamist nor terrorism.

Besides, if you think the targeting of children matters to anyone, I have a one-word response: "Beslan."

at first I was thinking this may be the straw/camel but my liberal acquaintances just blamed the bombing on the USA funding Israel.

We may just have to accept that a sizable amount of western civilization will never comprehend reality.

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 02:23:50 PM »
The attacker has been identified as Salman Abedi.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/05/23/salman-abedi-manchester-bombing-ariana-grande-concert/102050326/

Abedi is British citizen of Libyan decent[sic], the Washington Post and The Telegraph reported. Neighbors said that Abedi had lived in Manchester with his siblings and family for many years.

Farazana Kosur, who lives around the corner from Abedi's family, told The Guardianthat the attacker's mother was a “very nice woman” and taught her friend’s daughter to read the Quran.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2017, 02:36:49 PM »
Check out this tweet from the AP:

Quote from: From AP Twitter Page
BREAKING: Manchester police say man set off improvised explosive device at Ariana Grande concert, then died in the attack.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Hawkmoon

• friend

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2017, 08:47:18 PM »
I keep seeing reports that 22 people were killed. The way I see it 21 people and one animal died.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2017, 09:15:47 PM »
I keep seeing reports that 22 people were killed. The way I see it 21 people and one animal died.

Agreed. In compiling my spreadsheet on mass shootings and terrorist attacks, I never include the attacker(s) in the number of killed and/or wounded.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2017, 09:32:39 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 06:32:28 AM »
Angel Eyes, you left out the most important step: Flood the streets with heavily armed police and soldiers the day after the attack.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...