Author Topic: %*^&$%*#^$ Toyota Entune  (Read 4015 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: %*^&$%*#^$ Toyota Entune
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 09:38:58 AM »
Stop looking for a bandaid and eliminate the problem.

https://classiccars.com/listings/find/1968/dodge/charger

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 09:46:34 AM »
If I may, if you have to go to a dealer for some scheduled maint, why not call different ones and ask if they'll throw in updates for free while you're getting something else done? The updates literally cost the dealer nothing, it's pure profit. You may have to call around before you have one that plays ball, but at $100 ish for maps and/or head unit firmware, that's a decent amount of gas money.

I might try that after I try to wheedle myself into the free firmware update.  =D

I'd actually not having a problem paying for a map update if they cost like $20. Then I might do one every other year. Or even every year if I could just buy it and install it myself. But the $150, like you said, that's just dealer profit, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were setup like that as a "dealer perk" by corporate Toyota.

Just like so many manufacturers not having anything in the owners manual on something like the cabin air filter, which on a Toyota is a two minute job that anyone can do, but that dealers charge $75-$100 to change out.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2017, 09:50:51 AM »
Stop looking for a bandaid and eliminate the problem.

https://classiccars.com/listings/find/1968/dodge/charger

Does it come with at least three 5 gallon gas cans and a hole between the passenger compartment and the trunk and the trunk and the outside of the car, so that I can setup a hand pump and pump gas from the cans in the trunk into the tank while I'm driving? I would also only be interested if it came with second hand tires with no more than 3/32 tread on the tires.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2017, 03:00:50 PM »
Does it come with at least three 5 gallon gas cans and a hole between the passenger compartment and the trunk and the trunk and the outside of the car, so that I can setup a hand pump and pump gas from the cans in the trunk into the tank while I'm driving?

Talk about a crappy kludge, going outside the car to do that; gas tank is under the trunk, and the filler neck is easily available right there, so you just need to tap in with a remote valve and some cans with outlets at the bottom.  Never pump when gravity will do fine.

Besides, it's a '68 Charger; you'd need a trailer with a 500 gallon tank just to make it to the next gas station.  Or retune it to run on moonshine and apply for a Federal grant to have a really slow tanker orbit over you to demonstrate how effective E100 can actually be when you're spending other people's money.

I would also only be interested if it came with second hand tires with no more than 3/32 tread on the tires.

My cars tend to come with decent tread depth.

Cracked and rotten, but good depth.

Makes them come apart in larger chunks for easier cleanup.