Author Topic: More Leaking  (Read 1229 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
More Leaking
« on: May 25, 2017, 11:39:18 AM »
More leaking has occurred, and this batch is pretty troubling. It seems members of our intel community leaked the name of the Manchester bomber while the UK was still surveilling and making preparations for arrests.

It's bad enough that they are doing the leaks to hurt Trump, but if accurate, this is pretty outrageous. Their attempt to hurt Trump is hurting a whole lot of other people. Some interviews I heard this morning seem to further solidify my own thoughts, that these are all appointees that went FTE, or FTEs hired by Obama appointees because of their like-mindedness. I hope they get time in the pokey (though I realize that, sadly, they likely won't).

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/05/25/manchester-bombing-theresa-may-to-confront-trump-on-investigation-leaks.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: More Leaking
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 11:46:57 AM »
More leaking has occurred, and this batch is pretty troubling. It seems members of our intel community leaked the name of the Manchester bomber while the UK was still surveilling and making preparations for arrests.

It's bad enough that they are doing the leaks to hurt Trump, but if accurate, this is pretty outrageous. Their attempt to hurt Trump is hurting a whole lot of other people. Some interviews I heard this morning seem to further solidify my own thoughts, that these are all appointees that went FTE, or FTEs hired by Obama appointees because of their like-mindedness. I hope they get time in the pokey (though I realize that, sadly, they likely won't).

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/05/25/manchester-bombing-theresa-may-to-confront-trump-on-investigation-leaks.html

You know that whole quote about "Conservatives think liberals are wrong (or stupid), liberals think conservatives are evil."

I'm moving away from thinking liberals are stupid.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 12:53:35 PM »
http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/3d281c11a96b4ad082fe88aa0db04305/Article_2017-05-25-EU-Britain-Concert-Blast/id-fa4b1571c04047d899bb0efe538da96d

One British official told The Associated Press that police in Manchester have stopped sharing information about their bombing investigation with the U.S. until they get a guarantee that there will be no more leaks to the media. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly.

:facepalm:
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 01:09:42 PM »

It says volumes that most news agencies are happy to risk lives in order to make a couple bucks off clicks. I get they have to stay in business, but the US media is on par with the yellow journalism of the Spanish American war era. Or worse.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 09:24:56 AM »
I wonder how they know it was our IC that leaked them? I'm guessing the NYT didn't give up their source.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 09:37:06 AM »
It says volumes that most news agencies are happy to risk lives in order to make a couple bucks off clicks. I get they have to stay in business, but the US media is on par with the yellow journalism of the Spanish American war era. Or worse.

This is likely related to the events in Montana.

Despite what the media thinks, the American public isn't stupid. What it has been is longsuffering. And it appears that many have reached the end of their patience.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 05:39:43 PM »
This is likely related to the events in Montana.

Despite what the media thinks, the American public isn't stupid. What it has been is longsuffering. And it appears that many have reached the end of their patience.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism....
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 06:23:05 PM »
"" But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism....""

You made that all up yourself, didn't you?

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 07:20:19 PM »
I would really like to see Sessions form a special investigative unit, either in the FBI or independent of the FBI, announce it publicly, and say that the Justice Department will seek the maximum prison term for anyone found guilty of leaking classified information.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 07:33:59 PM »
I would really like to see Sessions form a special investigative unit, either in the FBI or independent of the FBI, announce it publicly, and say that the Justice Department will seek the maximum prison term for anyone found guilty of leaking classified information.

I imagine that would be a hugely popular move, right up until you add "to the Press" at the end of your sentence.   
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"