Author Topic: French First Lady vs. Melania Trump  (Read 3107 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
French First Lady vs. Melania Trump
« on: May 25, 2017, 07:07:54 PM »
The media is having an orgasm over France's first lady, Brigitte Trogneux-Macron. Ms. Macron, the press say, is intelligent, stylish, well-read, and looks like Jane Fonda (I think she looks more like Mr. Ed, but hey). Some in the media are making comparisons to Melania, which requires them to ignore everything she's done in her life and focus solely on how she looked at 5:01:35 EST yesterday.

Ms. Macron met Mr. Macron when she was a drama teacher at a school, and he was a student there, at age 15. So, she was a pedophile. But, hey!--that's so chic! So are Roman Polanski and Woody Allen.

Every time I watch the MSM, I remember why I gave up watching the MSM.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: French First Lady vs. Melania Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 07:20:35 PM »
I also saw Newsweek did a headline about how Melania would have to interact with NATO wives today, with a negative spin regarding "What could the dumb model possibly talk about?"

I'm guessing she actually had an easy time of it, with the speaking seven languages and all.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 09:43:12 PM »
She does look a little like Jane Fonda. She's not nearly as attractive as Melania, but then she's also 64, to Melania's 47.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 11:36:32 PM »
Things have changed since a couple years ago:

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 07:07:00 AM »
Ms. Macron met Mr. Macron when she was a drama teacher at a school, and he was a student there, at age 15. So, she was a pedophile. But, hey!--that's so chic! So are Roman Polanski and Woody Allen.

In her defense, that is when they met, but nothing happened until he was 17 and he aggressively pursued her.

In France, age of consent is 15.

So no, I wouldn't qualify her as a pedophile.

Chris

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 09:21:16 AM »
I wouldn't qualify her as a pedophile.

Probably not a pedophile but still a pretty messed up relationship. In addition to the age difference you have the teacher/student relationship which is generally frowned upon.

the speaking seven languages and all.
That's something I hadn't heard before, got any more info on that?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 09:27:10 AM »

http://www.inquisitr.com/3700521/melania-trump-makes-history-as-first-immigrant-first-lady-fluent-in-five-languages/

I've heard the "knows 7 languages" before, but this one only claims fluency in 5.

I'm more than willing to believe she's got two more languages she's proficient enough in to claim that she "knows" them if she's actually fluent in 5.

Fluency is a pretty high bar. (For example, my wife is "proficient" in Japanese, and is more than capable of carrying on conversations with Japanese people she has met randomly on the subway. I'd call that "knowing" the language even if she's not fluent.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 09:35:12 AM »
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, Americans are kind of unique in generally only speaking one language.

Pat Nixon spoke some functional Spanish
boy they were really scraping the bottom of the barrel for other multilingual first ladies
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 09:50:24 AM »
http://www.inquisitr.com/3700521/melania-trump-makes-history-as-first-immigrant-first-lady-fluent-in-five-languages/

I've heard the "knows 7 languages" before, but this one only claims fluency in 5.

Thanks. That makes sense. I kept seeing the "seven" quote, but knowing and being fluent are certainly different.

Funny that that particular region of the world seems to be conducive to multiple languages. My mom's dad was a Hungarian military intelligence officer pre WW2, partly because he also knew seven languages (they lived in a German village and he came from Romania, so there's three off the bat). I know he wasn't fluent in all of them, but some of the languages there are similar enough (considering the close borders) that there are also similarities between some of the languages, so it's not too difficult to pick up an extra language or two. Almost like dialects in Germany. North and South dialects sound almost like two different languages.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 10:37:09 AM »
George W Bush spoke English and GW.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 10:41:23 AM »
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, Americans are kind of unique in generally only speaking one language.

It's a matter of our position in the world. We speak the lingua franca (it must really burn the French that the term means English now), so there is a much smaller incentive to learn another.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 11:00:04 AM »
It's a matter of our position in the world. We speak the lingua franca (it must really burn the French that the term means English now), so there is a much smaller incentive to learn another.

It has always seemed more Great Britain oriented to me. I don't know that many Brits speak multiple languages, nor Aussies or New Zealanders. Though "lingua franca" also plays a part. Even in generally xenophobic Japan, I believe a large part of the population speaks English. Fully 80% of my German relatives speak at least some English, and half those do so fluently.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 12:53:59 PM »
The media is having an orgasm over France's first lady, Brigitte Trogneux-Macron. Ms. Macron, the press say, is intelligent, stylish, well-read, and looks like Jane Fonda (I think she looks more like Mr. Ed, but hey).

I think she looks more like a Concentration Camp survivor...

Sorry, but Melania is much more stylish and better looking.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 02:40:05 PM »
Probably not a pedophile but still a pretty messed up relationship. In addition to the age difference you have the teacher/student relationship which is generally frowned upon.

My concern would be entrusting the leadership of a nuclear power to an emasculated man. You don't enter a relationship with a person that much your senior, and an authority figure, wearing the pants. Oh wait, we had Valerie Jarret and her boy Obama, so I guess it is fashion now.

Imagine if Trump had married Melania when she was a minor. Press field day.

Anyone remember Carla Bruni? She was not treated near as bad as Melania and missing clothes pics were not hard to find.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2017, 01:09:51 PM »
I think she looks more like a Concentration Camp survivor...

Sorry, but Melania is much more stylish and better looking.

Brigette looks like she spends tons of time at the beach and tons of money on plastic surgery.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2017, 01:23:05 PM »
My concern would be entrusting the leadership of a nuclear power to an emasculated man. You don't enter a relationship with a person that much your senior, and an authority figure, wearing the pants.

And a guy who thinks the way to get "respect" (sounds like a ghetto gangsta demanding "respect") is to apply a crush handshake on a man who is almost twice his age.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40077241

Sad.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2017, 02:57:24 PM »
As their vigorous handshake continued over several seconds, Mr Macron and Mr Trump also looked each other fixedly in the eyes until the US president attempted to disengage.

Sounds erotic. I mean, it's no "Grab 'em by the pussy", but still left an impression I'm sure.